Are you interested in turning your verified certificates into a University Degree?

• Total voters

Jaffa

This is a great initiative - coding skills should be part of everyone's educational journey.

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Brand new courses
Cultural Studies and Modern Languages: an Introduction
University of Bristol

Discover the culture, language and national identity of eight countries through their books, images, slogans and monuments - from Russia to Europe to Latin America.

Measuring and Valuing Health
The University of Sheffield

Learn how Patient Reported Outcome Measures and Quality Adjusted Life Years can be used to compare treatments and inform healthcare spending.

What Works: Promising Practices in International Development
University of Oslo

Hear success stories in international aid from around the world, looking at agriculture, public health, institutions and poverty reduction.

Modern Korean History: Liberation, War and Nuclear Ambitions
Yonsei University

Explore the untold history of North and South Korea - from 1945 to the present. Understand the Korean War, and economic, political and cultural changes since.

Introduction to Dutch
University of Groningen

Learn to speak, write and understand basic Dutch in three weeks. Ideal if you plan to visit, or work or study in the Netherlands soon.

Medicine and the Arts: Humanising Healthcare
University of Cape Town

Consider six aspects of human life from the perspectives of the arts, humanities and healthcare. Understand the fields of medical humanities and whole body care.

Courses starting soon
Tackling the Global Food Crisis: Sustainable Agri-food Systems, Queen’s University Belfast

Improving Your Image: Dental Photography in Practice, University of Birmingham

Managing My Money, The Open University

In The Night Sky: Orion, The Open University

Introduction to Forensic Science, University of Strathclyde Glasgow

Make an Impact: Sustainability for Professionals, University of Bath

Climate Change: Challenges and Solutions, University of Exeter

Managing People: Engaging Your Workforce, University of Reading

Elements of Renewable Energy, The Open University

New in-course navigation
FutureLearn have recently introduced new in-course navigation, which enables you to find your course Activity, Replies and Progress faster. Find out how it works.

Nelson winters

Hello Jaffa,

Thanks for your interest. Yes, you can! we have various packages for you to chose from. You really don't have to do all of them. You can simply go through the list, to see which skill you are interested to learn.

Nelson winters

Excel Everest is a company that strives to help people learn Excel in a super interactive and ideally fun way. You can think of Excel Everest as a book written about Excel but created inside Excel itself. It is truly an enjoyable way to learn.

Excel Everest is best suited for the beginning / intermediate Excel user. It is NOT for the pro user to get better. Here are the elements that differentiate Excel Everest from the rest:

Excel Based– The whole course takes place inside Excel

All in one package– one file gives you access to all the information

● Structured course – walks you through the course step-by-step, ongoing support as you learn

● Intuitive Interface - easy to navigate around and access any part of the course

● Interactive – the program monitors and grades your progress.

Real Practice– real practice problems with examples

● Comprehensive – covers all the most important Excel topics

● Affordable – well below the price point of expensive courses and packages

Quick– hands on approach allows you to acquire the skills 2-3 times faster

Fun– the course offers entertaining exercises and humor

You can click here to learn more

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
It would be great to hear what courses you plan to take this year.

Share with other MoocLab users by posting the course names and where they are available below.

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager

Simon Morice

The first that piqued my interest for this year will be my third from iVersity. It is the MOOC on Business Analysis by Michael Boyle and highly relevant to my work. We make films and a constant issue is to make the right film and not just one the customer thinks they want. This course will fill out the project management learning I have been doing. My interest in MOOCs is to acquire specific knowledge and skills and to be challenged. In NLP terms I want my map remodelled.

The Future of Storytelling MOOC from iVersity was excellent and very professionally put together. One I subsequently limped part of the way through was not - but I must accept some of the responsibility for that as I was not gripped by the subject.

Colin McLaren

It would be great to hear what courses you plan to take this year.

Share with other MoocLab users by posting the course names and where they are available below.
I am currently taking the Coursera course "Introduction to Genetics and Evolution" and I will be attempting "Logic: Language and Information" for starters this year. Regards from Colin.

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
vlubscata6d39qraq1vr.jpg

Lifehacker U
have put together a curriculum of some of the best upcoming free online classes available on the web..

Recommended courses in:

Nelson winters

This course is designed so that everyone can benefit and make significant changes to their personal and professional life. It is suitable for beginners, right through to established practitioners. Those who wish to build on their existing knowledge of CBT, and those who have no prior experience of the subject.

It is also suitable for:

• Those who wish to further their career in this field, or any other coaching / therapy based fields.
  • For people who are interested in self help and self development.
  • For anyone who wants to train in becoming their own counsellor and CBT therapist.

There is no specific time frame in which the course should be completed, in fact we encourage you to take a break after certain lectures, to ensure that you have the space and time to complete the exercises, in full.

The course is comprehensive and here are some of the things covered:

• What Is CBT, who uses CBT, and what CBT can be used for
  • How to apply CBT when used as a self help therapy
  • Principles of CBT
  • Understanding the CBT triangle
  • Recognising our emotions
  • Identifying thoughts feelings and behaviours
  • Understanding our thoughts feelings and behaviours
  • Negative automatic thoughts
  • Recognising thinking traps
  • Identifying negative cycles
  • Challenging negative patterns of thoughts feelings and behaviours
  • Finding alternatives
  • Changing unhelpful thoughts feelings and behaviours
We also have a number of bonus lectures, including a special section on Anxiety.

You will learn new life therapy skills and techniques, and receive acknowledgement of your achievement, by way of certificate.

This course will be life changing, as you learn how adaptive CBT is, and how you can apply it to many situations, big or small.

You will have an understanding of the principles of CBT and their relevance to your life and others around you. Be able to identify and make changes to negative patterns of thoughts, feelings and behaviours. This course will equip, and prepare you, for the next stage of your learning, in advanced Counselling Skills, and the next stage of learning to become your own CBT therapist.

EXCLUSIVE TRAINING PACKAGE
In response to recent requests from our students, we have created a unique platform, that offers the flexibility of distance learning, combined with the exclusivity of one to one personal instruction.

The bespoke learning programme, will include our award winning training course, as well as four hour long sessions with myself. These sessions are exclusively for you alone, and as such can be used for whatever aspect of your training, you would like to explore further.

In keeping with the benefits and flexibility of distance learning, the one to one sessions, are delivered to you online, via skype / telephone / instant messenger (whichever you’d prefer). Plus, for added convenience, I offer both evening and weekend appointments.

This package is the perfect low cost solution for those people who prefer to study, knowing they have unlimited support from their instructor, keeping them motivated, enabling them to achieve the maximum benefits the course has to offer. In addition, students will have a lifetime access to the course including updated material and email support for a further year.

As the course instructor, I am available to all my students to encourage and motivate them, as well as answering any questions along the way.

After enrolment, we can discuss what it is that you hope to achieve from the course, and, how I am able to help you do that. If you would prefer, we could schedule a structured learning plan before you commence, to keep you on track!

This course is intended for everyone, regardless of their preferred learning style.

Equally though, this course is perfect for those preferring to work independently – it is comprehensive, and yet easy to follow. If you prefer, you can enrol on the training course, without the personal instruction element. Please contact us for further details: Contact Us

brewbooks

I started the year 2015 taking two Coursera classes : Galaxies and Cosmology and Information Theory. I ended up dropping both due to some health problems - now resolved.

I plan to take Coding the Matrix: Linear Algebra through Computer Science Applications (starts 2 Feb) and Introduction to Clinical Neurology although I will likely only stay with one of those two. I just added Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life I have also been working hard to crunch through Khan Academy math skills. I am going to apply to graduate schools later this year and I want to refresh my rusty skills. I also am going to try Calculus One via Coursera.

In 2015, I also want to complete the specialization Perception, Action and the Brain so when a session of Perception, Action and the Brain Final Project is offered, I will take that.

I have taken a few other classes via EdX and Udacity, so I will keep an eye on them as well. I did not know about iVersity, thanks to Simon, now I do. I will check it out.

My planning horizon for classes is only a few months out. MOOCs are like cosmology, it is an expanding universe.

Last edited:

brewbooks

I am currently taking the Coursera course "Introduction to Genetics and Evolution" and I will be attempting "Logic: Language and Information" for starters this year. Regards from Colin.
Colin - I seriously considered the Introduction to Genetics and Evolution class but decided not this time. I will be curious to see how it goes for you.

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
B7JOyDJIgAEVBhe.png

1. The Impact of Nursing: Find out more and join the course – it starts 23 March.

2. Clinical Supervision with Confidence: Find out more and join the course – it starts 23 March.
  3. The Enterprise Shed: Making Ideas Happen: Find out more and join the course – it starts 30 March.
  4. Environmental Justice: Find out more and join the course – it starts 30 March.
  5. Assessment for Learning in STEM Teaching: Find out more and join the course – it starts 13 April.
  6. Lips and Teeth: Korea and China in Modern Times: Find out more and join the course – it starts 27 April.
Go to FutureLearn Blog: https://about.futurelearn.com/blog/nursing-teaching-entrepreneurship-china/

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
The programming job market is set to grow over the next decade & with a solid portfolio of trending programming languages in your skill-set, you'll be well on your way to landing that high-end employment opportunity.

The following list is based on the latest Redmonk Programming Language Rankings
  1. JavaScipt - a scripting language most commonly used as part of web browsers to make web pages more dynamic and interactive, or build user interfaces
  2. Java - amongst the most popular back-end languages for building web applications & developing native Android apps for smartphones and tablets.
  3. PHP - (Hypertext Preprocessor) widely used open-source scripting language particularly suited to web development which powers the vast majority of modern data-driven websites
  4. Python - high level, object-oriented programming language known for its simplicity, readability and straight forward syntax
  5. C# - primarily used for developing on Microsoft platforms and services & is very similar to Java in terms of capabilities
  6. C++ - one of the most widely used languages used for developing powerful operating systems, advanced games and apps on desktops, consoles and mobile devices
  7. Ruby - similar to Python, Ruby is a powerful but simple and readable programming language mainly focused on developing web-based applications
  8. CSS - (Cascading Style Sheets) styling language used to create visually engaging web pages & user interfaces
  9. C - general purpose programming language used for developing firmware or portable applications. C is the foundation of many of the advanced programming languages
  10. Objective-C - used for iOS app development

brewbooks

Biology - The Secret of Life, taught by Professor Eric Lander of MIT was a remarkable class, and a great supplement to the on-campus cell biology class I took concurrently. In this class, we learned primary about the recombinant DNA, in relation to genetics and biochemistry from the bottom up. We also had exposure to current research. This class was the equivalent of being in Richard Feynman's Lectures of Physics.

I think the best thing I can do to help you understand this course is what Professor Lander said near the end of the class: “… I told you a lot of details because there's something important to learn about this, which is very hard to learn in an introductory biology course. Most introductory biology courses, you learn about what we know today. A lot of the reason I've tried to talk about the history is because I want you to get a sense of the pace of change. Because it isn't going to stop. That's the important thing. It's one thing to get a point estimate of our current knowledge. It's much more interesting to know the derivative of knowledge, the rate of change of knowledge. … It isn't going to stop. That is what makes biology so cool.”