In line with Coursera’s new push in online courses for healthcare workers, Imperial College London has launched its first public health online degree - the Global Master of Public Health is now open for enrolment on the #1 MOOC platform.
AT A GLANCE
- Provider: Imperial College London
- Platform: Coursera
- Length: 24 months | Average of 24 hours per week
- Nº Courses: 16 Specialisations + Research Portfolio
- Cost: £11,300 for UK/EU based (Home/EU fee status), £19,440 for outside UK (Islands/Overseas fee status)
- Format: Completely online
- First class starting: September 23rd, 2019
- Admission deadline: June 30th, 2019
- Link to Degree Page: Global Master of Public Health | Degrees on Coursera
The Global Master of Public Health from Imperial College London is a high quality online degree programme from one of the top 10 universities in the world (QS World university Rankings 2019). As a Global MPH student, you’ll study biostatistics, epidemiology, health systems and more. You’ll also hone your research skills by exploring issues that affect your own community.
The programme’s curriculum is rooted in evidence-based research skills. You’ll learn from faculty who are shaping global policy, such as researchers who led the fight against the Ebola virus. Ranked as the UK’s most international university (Times Higher Education 2018), Imperial College London is committed to improving the health of people throughout the world.
Global MPH students build strong portfolios as they create projects that can be submitted to peer-reviewed journals. They also learn practical quantitative and qualitative research skills that help them evaluate the public health research of their peers.
Who is this degree for:
Whether you’ve already had extensive experience in the public health field or you’re longing to build a high-impact, and useful career, a Global MPH will help shape you into a leader in this field. Students at the School of Public Health come from paths in medicine, health policy, academic research, and more. However, there is one common thread: The calling to help make the world healthier and safer for all.
For more information, visit Global Master of Public Health | Degrees on Coursera
- Normally a minimum 2.1 UK Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in a science subject or MBBS degree (or a comparable qualification recognised by the College).
- Suitable applicants are likely to be those with a background in: medicine, health sciences, biological sciences or environmental sciences.
- Mature applicants with relevant academic or professional experience will also be considered.