Welcome Lounge

Elizabeth

Hi!

My name is Elizabeth and I love MOOCs. Like "live, breathe, sleep" love MOOCs. Since discovering them in January, I've completed 30 and always have a couple on the go. Beyond taking MOOCs, they led to me working in the Ed Tech industry so MOOCs became not only a large part of my personal life but my professional life as well.

I've taken courses from Coursera, Canvas, Allison, FutureLearn, Open2Study, OpenLearning, Codecademy, and udemy. I'm working on a course from Udacity at the moment - but it introduced me to 2048, and I became addicted to the game and need to return to the programming aspect soon!

My favourite courses have been Intro to Marketing from Coursera and BlendKit2014 on Canvas...looking forward to finding other great courses from your recommendations.

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
I've taken courses from Coursera, Canvas, Allison, FutureLearn, Open2Study, OpenLearning, Codecademy, and udemy

@Elizabeth, as a MOOC enthusiast, it would be great if you could write an appraisal of the different platforms you have used to study your courses in the forum http://www.mooclab.club/forums/general-stuff-on-course-providers.24/. I'm sure other visitors of MoocLab would benefit from learning what you think are the pros and cons of each one and why. :)

Steven Yee

I’m one of the co-founders of EDUonGo, a cloud-based learning platform that launched in January 2013. Our platform makes it easy for instructors to teach and sell courses online. In the last two years, we had a chance to work with some individuals to launch their own MOOC. Some of them have attracted thousands of students to their courses. I look forward to share our experience with this community.

DemoDummy

Hi everyone!
I'm a Finance student from Russia. I love taking MOOCs to deepen and broaden my education and have taken so many I've lost count)

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
images

Nedzad

Study Buddy
Hi fellow colleges,
My name is Nedzad. I have finished Economic Faculty. Can say that I'm MooCholic. I've done courses on Coursera, EdX, Udacity, O2S... This site is great, all info about courses on one place, great job Carolyn. I'm interested in psychology and it's implication in company, also motivation. Currently I'm working as a translator at TED. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer it.

Nedzad

Study Buddy
@Carolyn no problem, I'm quite forward in my approach. You've done great job here. Upgrade of design is really great.
I'm already writing my thoughts :D

Nedzad

Study Buddy
I'm here because,
I can find any information about MOOC platfrom and courses. I have searched, but this kind of site, I didn't manged to find until I've subscribed to MoocLab.

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Thanks for sharing @Nedzad . An interesting article. Maybe we should start by determining what "success" actually means to each of us. Is it to do well professionally? Is it measured by wealth? Or could it simply mean personal fulfillment...

Mervyn Pilley

A fascinating idea. As human beings success is clearly going to mean different things to each of us with some common threads. To me it should always be a good blend of financial success, good health and a passionate interest in achieving different things. Never stop learning and developing - my idea of success.

Nedzad

Study Buddy
Thank you all on your likes and support.

It's quite hard to determine what is success, it's rather individual thing. For me Success is whatever you do, what makes you happy. For me if you're happy to get up and go to your work everyday, if you're happy to be surrounded by people you love and vice- versa.

That we can call Success. In business terms, Success your profit at the end of the year, or financial statement.

Nedzad

Study Buddy
You're all champions.

What, How do you know that?, you wonder.

Simple if you're reading this you're proof of living legend.

Whenever you feel worthless, REMEMBER - You were once the quickest sperm cell.

You've already won all bets against you, so embrace your life, your dreams and be the best YOU can be.

Nedzad

Study Buddy
I have a question for all of you!

Are you happy with your current life, are you happy with your job?

Are you waking up and going on your job with a smile :)

Is there anything you would change about yourself?

Be free to share your own stories with us :)

Jaffa

Interesting question, and one that isn't all that easy to answer :confused:
Obviously, I'd love to be paid to do all the things I love doing all the time - that would really make me happy. However, most of us don't have that luxury, so if I factor that dream life out, then yes, I can say that I am happy with my job and my life.
We tend to forget to take pleasure from some of the simple things in life. If we did this more, I'm sure it would add to our happiness :)

Nedzad

Study Buddy
Totally agree with that. We must enjoy our present moments. If I ask you question, what happened in your live in past 10 years. You will remember few things, maybe flashbacks. It's really disappointing when you see retrospective that you're brain is on autopilot.

I'm on crossroads right now, I have graduated from my faculty. I have diploma from Enterprise management. But there isn't job yet :/ Yeah, personally I'm living the life at my fullest, and I'm happy. But professionally I'm "under pressure" because it's hard to find job :)

Susan

I used to love my job and go to work every day with a smile on my face, but the company has changed and there are now a lot of unhappy people for various reasons. Considering we spend a substancial part of our lives at work, it is not a good thing to be unhappy with your place of work. I am hoping that with the help of some online courses, this is something I will be able to change. We are very fortunate to live in this age where learning is so accessible.