Welcome Lounge

Colin McLaren

G'day from Melbourne, Australia. I am middle-aged (as my photograph shows) and have two young adult daughters. I live with a cat, but otherwise alone in a flat in Brunswick. I am an agricultural scientist by profession, articulate, and very computer literate.
I am a Christian and a member of St. John Chrysostom's Anglican Church, West Brunswick.
In the past 2 years I have successfully completed 9 courses with Coursera:
Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life
What a Plant Knows (and other things you didn’t know about plants)
Epigenetic Control of Gene Expression
Genes and the Human Condition (From Behavior to Biotechnology)
Genetics and Society: A Course for Educators
Programmed cell death
Emergence of Life
Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects
Useful Genetics Part 1
A Brief History of Humankind

I do MOOC courses to keep my brain active and fill in time while I am unemployed and make time when they interest me.

Last edited:

Afaf

Hello everyone! I am Afaf from Jordan, I attended several online courses through different platforms, my passion actually is in Finance and I'd like to strength my capabilities in quantitative finance. I am looking forward to benefit from every member's contribution. Best Luck to all

Ashish Payasi

Hello I am Ashish from India and I work for a training and development company Currently we are proposing and exploring the MOOC for Corporates and thus here to learn what works and what doesn't!

Glad to meet you all!

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Hello I am Ashish from India and I work for a training and development company Currently we are proposing and exploring the MOOC for Corporates and thus here to learn what works and what doesn't!

Glad to meet you all!
If you have any specific questions, you can start a new thread in the MOOC Forum (http://www.mooclab.club/forums/mooc-forum.2/) with the essence of your question as the title. Other MoocLab members may be able to give you some guidance.

Leon van Bokhorst

Hey MOOCLabbers,

I am Leon from the Netherlands, software developer. I love learning; especially in this day and age. Currently working on the Data Science curriculum at Udacity.

Hope to share some ins- and outs on the MOOC experience :)

Noreen Mullin

Hello and welcome to MoocLab! :D

I'm an Administrator on this forum and have set up this platform to provide a place for you MOOC-ites to get/give advice and support and share your MOOC experiences.

The site has just been set up, so please feel free to post in the "Feedback & Suggestions" Forum so we can keep improving it..

I hope you will find the discussion boards helpful and I look forward to seeing you on the forums.
Carolyn, Read the directions and still can't quite figure out how to "introduce" myself in this forum. Any advice? Noreen Mullin

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Carolyn, Read the directions and still can't quite figure out how to "introduce" myself in this forum. Any advice? Noreen Mullin
Hi Noreen. Just tell us a little about yourself and your MOOC experience by replying to this post below. Let us know what courses you have taken and maybe why you chose to take them. If you'd like to recommend any courses to others, you can start a new thread in http://mooclab.club/forums/recommend-a-course-here.45/ with the course's name as the title of the thread. Share what you liked about the course and what platform it was on etc. Let me know if you have any problems.

Noreen Mullin

Hello and welcome to MoocLab! :D

I'm an Administrator on this forum and have set up this platform to provide a place for you MOOC-ites to get/give advice and support and share your MOOC experiences.

The site has just been set up, so please feel free to post in the "Feedback & Suggestions" Forum so we can keep improving it..

I hope you will find the discussion boards helpful and I look forward to seeing you on the forums.

Hi,I'm Noreen and I joined some time ago but am finally getting down to having some fun on this site. I may be familiar to some other Coursera MOOCs as a gecko (my avatar), but I am delighted to find a group like this to exchange thoughts and ideas outside those courses I've already taken.

I have taken 16 courses over the past year, and dropped only two: one for lack of background on my part; the other due to boredom. What I love most about MOOCs, other than the fact that they are blessedly free, is the opportunity to benefit from great instructors across a broad spectrum of knowledge -- in short, I can indulge my curiosity as much as I want!

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
That's a pretty commendable record, @Noreen Mullin ! I'm glad you're enjoying the site and can see the benefits of it. Keep up the posting and feel free to experiment with all the site features.:)