Data science is used to gain insights from complex data in order to tackle business problems, and professionals skilled in data, analytics, and machine learning are among the most sought after in the job market today.
Whether you’re looking to launch a career in a data science field, or build up your existing skillset in data literacy, here are 11 edX data science and analytics programs that can help you stand out from the crowd.
Data Science Fundamentals
- Gain foundational knowledge in data science, statistics, and machine learning to help prepare you for a career as a data science or business analyst professional in MITx’s MicroMasters® Program in Statistics and Data Science.
- Cover core data science concepts such as probability and machine learning to solve real-world data analysis problems in HarvardX’s Professional Certificate in Data Science program.
- Gain the skills necessary to find the data businesses need and use it in ways that add value to their work with DavidsonX’s Professional Certificate in Fundamentals of Data Visualization with Power BI.
- Fully pursue a data scientist career at a fraction of the cost of a traditional graduate program with the University of Texas at Austin’s Data Science Master’s Degree.
Focus on Business Analytics
Analytical skill sets are sought after across all industries and fields. Whether your interest lies within healthcare, merchandising, hospitality or government, having the foundations of business analytics and analytic tools such as R and Python can lead to more career flexibility and opportunity.
- Gain core data analysis concepts and tools to better understand business challenges and make data-informed decisions in RIT’s Data Analysis for Decision-Making Professional Certificate program.
- Start solving real-world problems with data analysis by developing a strong business analytics foundation with the MicroBachelors® program in Business Analytics Foundations from Southern New Hampshire University.
- Drive your career as a data analyst through IBM’s Data Analyst Professional Certificate program.
- Master the analytical tools and methodologies needed to discover business insights with Georgia Tech's MicroMasters® program in Analytics: Essential Tools and Methods.
- Data scientists and data analysts looking to bolster their predictive modelling and analytics abilities can advance their knowledge in the MicroMasters® Program in Predictive Analytics using Python from The University of Edinburgh.
Focus on Data ManagementData Management professionals help organizations assess the data they have and the data they need to understand the health and future of a business. and make improved business decisions.
- Create structured database environments during hands-on labs and learn the basics needed to succeed in data management in this MicroBachelors® program in Data Management with Python and SQL form Southern New Hampshire University.
Focus on Tiny Machine Learning (tinyML)Tiny machine learning (tinyML) is one of the latest technologies within machine learning and is a rapidly growing area of deep learning that has major opportunities for innovation.
- Learn the basics of TinyML and start deploying your own basic TinyML models in Harvard University's TinyML Professional Certificate program, which is designed to be accessible for all levels.
Browse all Data science courses on edX >>