3 Must-Haves for Making a Career Change

Coursera Blog

Below is an excerpt from a piece that was recently published on Fortune Magazine.
by Leah Belsky, Vice President of Global Enterprise Development

My first step toward a tech career was admitting that law was not for me. I was in law school, trudging through narrow, monotonous projects during a summer job with a Silicon Valley firm. All around me, up-and-coming tech companies were reshaping the world. But as much as I longed to join them, there was no obvious way for me to make the leap. I had no background in programming, product management, or any other skill these organizations seemed to need.

Fast-forward a few years, though, and I’m an executive at a top ed-tech company. I didn’t reinvent myself as a developer; instead, I leveraged a few core skills that are common to almost all industries.

Whether you’re moving from law to tech, finance to marketing, medicine to teaching, or between two other seemingly dissimilar fields, these four things will make the jump much easier:

Read the full article to learn more.

If you’re interested in Coursera for Business, please contact us.

The post 3 Must-Haves for Making a Career Change appeared first on Coursera Blog.

Continue reading...