Group Manager
sales.jpg

ec3c775b-bf37-44ae-867c-5a938b63347d.jpg

80 free courses from French universities
Featured course: Scientific Humanities

Nearly 400 free, self-paced courses for learners of all ages
Featured course: Greek Art

9e177a6a-f8fd-4986-9c33-44fe8e19fb29.png

More than 200 free, self-paced classes with an emphasis on learning from your peers
Featured course: Programming Theory in Practice 1

Nedzad

Study Buddy
I'm not certain that Coursera has suffered since introducing paid certificates. Statistics have shown that the majority of people who sign up for their courses are already in employment and have a degree, and these people can generally afford to buy a certificate. Having said that, these types of MOOC certificates aren't really recognised as a true credential, so is it really worth spending money on them?
I agree with you. But Coursera gained fame primarily thanks to free certificates and their audience. After they accumulated critical mass for their "business model", they started to push for paid certificate.

Nina

I think it's acceptable to pay for a verified certificate as it's still peanuts compared to what you'd be paying on a campus course.

Nedzad

Study Buddy
Hello world! :D

I have finished first course on O2S platform. To be honest, this platform is a big surprise for me. Certification is just great, you have 2 pages. First page is your certification page, a second one is listing of your modules and average grades. Advantages for O2S over Coursera are in form of; Certification, modules and quizzes. Only disadvantage is "miserable" community, but it's growing. :D

Duke

rszEkbn-gUI3xD5W3Mm91Tl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9

Silicon Valley | Udacity, the pioneer online education company that spawned the MOOC revolution, has moved on to a new product it calls nanodegrees.

To read the article, follow the link to MoocLab's Mooc Scoop: http://sco.lt/87GyOH

Duke

ee239ac8-a9b9-11e4-8410-63c45731ed65_syd-6ci9kli750g16qmtdm1z--646x363.jpg

Coursera's co-founder, Daphne Koller, said Coursera was rebuilding its platform “from the ground up” to allow students to commence courses “on demand” and to give university instructors access to student data on progress and performance.

To read the article, floow the link to MoocLab's Mooc Scoop: http://sco.lt/5f8Fij

Elizabeth

Every time I visit O2S, I'm pleasantly surprised by the growth of the community! I hope to take another O2S course this winter - I think I've completed 4 of them...all business courses. Looking forward to expanding the range of courses I take from them. I've found the quizzes to be very helpful...

Elizabeth

Agree on this. The more competition the more choice we have, we as (audience, clients) have more power. Still Coursera is having a slight advantage, but other MooC platforms are running up. Should try Future Learn :)

FutureLearn is great! You might also want to try OpenLearning...

Nedzad

Study Buddy
Every time I visit O2S, I'm pleasantly surprised by the growth of the community! I hope to take another O2S course this winter - I think I've completed 4 of them...all business courses. Looking forward to expanding the range of courses I take from them. I've found the quizzes to be very helpful...
Agree, they're going to be a leader, if the continue on this path. Main problem is lack of community, but it will grow with the time.

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
One million people have now joined FutureLearn. These people come from more than 190 countries and territories around the world. Between them, they’ve made 2.2 million course sign ups.

one-million-learners.jpg

FutureLearn currently has over 220 course runs online from 44 partners around the world.

Some facts about FutureLearn:
  • 23% of people who start a FutureLearn course complete the majority of steps and all of the assessments. We’re delighted that so many people are motivated to engage with the majority of their course.
  • 39% of our learners are social – they make comments and engage in conversations, learning from each other and feeling part of a supportive, global community.
  • And 60% of FutureLearners are female, bucking the male-dominated trend of many early MOOC (massive open online course) platforms.
Source: https://about.futurelearn.com/blog/one-million-learners/

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
ExamTime iOS and Android apps!

You can now download the ExamTime app on your iPhone, iPad and Android phone or tablet to learn and study anytime, anywhere!

android_phone_portait_note_en-169x300.png

The ExamTime Mobile app is a free, must-have complement to the ExamTime web version. It allows you to:
  • View, discover & share learning resources
  • Learn on-the-go
  • Study on and offline
Use the ExamTime Mobile app to review the work you create from the web version. That means that you can take your learning wherever you go!
  • Review notes on the bus on your way to school
  • Discover new resources while you wait for a friend
  • Share your best resources while taking the subway
  • And more!
icon_smile.gif
Download the app for free and try it for yourself:

Download the App for iPhone & iPad

Download the App for Android Devices

Whenever you want to create great new Mind Maps, Flashcards, Quizzes or Notes, don’t forget to sign in to our web version to enjoy a universal learning experience!

* Would you like to review the new ExamTime Mobile App? Please contact us at: info@examtime.com.

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager