What are the best data science MOOCs?

Quora Feeds

Mayeesha Tahsin

I think it's okay if I use other lists and just include here on my list(it's efficient and well, it just makes sense because they might update stuff later too).
So there goes my oh-so-meta list :

Python track :

• CS109 Data Science : Harvard's data science course online. It's generally recommended by everyone, including William. It's not exactly a MOOC, but all the materials are archived online. I've checked out the materials and I know it's really good, but I also think it's important to get some background knowledge like good programming skills in python, a good grasp of the statistics fundamentals and plenty of time before taking this one.
  • University of Washington data science course in Coursera. Here's the link : UWdatascience. It uses both R and Python as far as I remember and has some little quizzes and Kaggle competition.

R track :

• The Analytics Edge in Edx. Here's the link : The Analytics Edge. It has around 75 datasets and starts from linear regression upto clustering and some classification techniques like Random Forest and CART models in between. It also features a Kaggle competition at the end of the sixth week.
  • John Hopkins data science specialization track. Its really famous because it's probably one of the first data science MOOC's.

Other courses :

See Questions On Quora

Continue reading...