Three Top Universities Launch Latin America’s Largest Collaboration in Online Education

Coursera Blog

no-logo.png

Today, we announced a new collaboration called “La Tríada” among three of our top university partners in Latin America: Tec de Monterrey in Mexico, Universidad de los Andes in Colombia, and Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. Starting this September, over 100 courses currently offered by the schools on Coursera will be made available free of charge to all on-campus students across the three universities.

La Tríada is made possible through Coursera for Partners, a pilot program that enables our university partners to offer their open online courses on Coursera to their on-campus students and community. We launched Coursera for Partners this year when we realized that there is a growing demand to bring the benefit of online learning to on-campus students.

La Tríada is the first time Coursera for Partners has been connected across multiple universities. The program will reach nearly 150,000 students across the three schools, making it the largest collaboration among top universities in Latin America to share their content in an online format.

The idea for this program emerged last December, when I met with the leadership of Latin America’s top universities at the International Congress on Education Innovation hosted at Tec de Monterrey. That’s where I met the rector of UniAndes, Pablo Navas, who said to me, “Jeff, the next big disruption in higher education will be collaboration.”

La Tríada is one of the most impressive examples of collaboration among universities we have seen on Coursera to date. These three schools are working together in unprecedented ways to scale access to high quality education. We look forward to working closely with them to learn how to build a successful collaboration that can become a model for the rest of the world.

The post Three Top Universities Launch Latin America’s Largest Collaboration in Online Education appeared first on Coursera Blog.

Continue reading...