Study Buddy regular study buddy for late nights (ft. lazy ass animation student)

haruto0920

hello and thank you for stopping by to read this entry!

i'm a graduating 2d animation and visual effects student at ateneo de naga university senior high school. i cram and procrastinate a LOT, and currently i have over 100+ missing assignments/performance tasks/quizzes. as an animation student, this is really bad since we value finishing our tasks on time, and i just really badly want to get out of this bad habit. i had overwhelming anxiety (it's clinically diagnosed btw so pls don't fight me over this) throughout the entire quarter of the year last year, and because of that, i was unable to submit most of my tasks and got low grades, which meant that i would need to get 87 or higher on all of my grades in my midterms to keep my scholarship.

with this, i am looking for a regular study buddy! here are my preferences for the study buddy!
  • age preference: 18 and above!
  • someone who also has a shit ton of backlogs
  • someone who speaks english obviously but i do speak filipino
  • someone who likes studying at late nights, usually until 2 am, but when i cram for deadlines, i last 'til 5 am or don't sleep at all lmao
  • sometimes i also study for like an entire day nonstop so yeah there's that
  • someone more extroverted than me pls im so awkward
  • someone who can study with classical music or no music
  • big no-no if you are: homophobic, xenophobic, racist, sexist, ableist, or any of the sort who like to discriminate people.
and here's some information on the study sessions we'll be doing!
  • we usually use google meet for school so i'd be comfortable if we use that too, but i'm okay with zoom and skype too!
  • we can contact each other through google chat since you can reach me faster there, i usually reply asap! (but pls dont flood me, that shit makes me anxious)
  • video calls are optional, sometimes i feel like opening my camera and sometimes i don't but hopefully we could see each other's faces from time to time :))
  • i'm not requiring that you be in the similar strand/course as mine, but i guess it would be a bonus if you're an art student too!
  • i prefer using the pomodoro technique but we can talk about what study technique we should try out so it could be effective for both of us!
and nobody asked but just in case, here's some information about me!
  • nickname: preferably just "haru"
  • zodiac: capricorn
  • gender identity: gender fluid
  • sexuality: pansexual (not literal pans okay)
  • pronouns: preferably he/him but any pronouns are okay!
  • relationship status: taken uwu
additional, well, perks?
  • you can rant in our google chat inbox about school stuff anytime if you'd like, as long as you give me a heads up before doing so! students support fellow students and you're not alone through this <3
  • if we managed to get along reaaally well, you can call me anytime so we could just hang out online and talk about life, tea, strugglez, and rant about stuff! just like friends do!
  • we can probably do a reward system? like we could watch a movie after a long day of work or play games together or something, that would be really cool!
before we officially begin with these schedules, hopefully we could schedule our first meeting with our videos on so we could discuss the specifics on the studying technique, ambience, and fixed schedules! we could also use this time to talk about ourselves and get to know each other more :))

that is all, i guess. sorry if this entry is quite long, i wouldn't want to post twice if ever i posted a vague "looking for study buddy" thread. thank you for taking your time to read this incredibly long post and have a great day ahead!

feel free to message me here if you are interested!

p.s.
for the love of god, please please PLEASE do not ask me to draw you :)

Attachments

• image_2021-03-28_233057.png
    image_2021-03-28_233057.png
    219.8 KB · Views: 229

Huddah

Study Buddy
Your bio is hilarious , so sure yeah I'm literally in the same boat as you. We can try to establish a suitable time.

raayna_z

Study Buddy

i'm a graduating 2d animation and visual effects student at ateneo de naga university senior high school. i cram and procrastinate a LOT, and currently i have over 100+ missing assignments/performance tasks/quizzes. as an animation student, this is really bad since we value finishing our tasks on time, and i just really badly want to get out of this bad habit. i had overwhelming anxiety (it's clinically diagnosed btw so pls don't fight me over this) throughout the entire quarter of the year last year, and because of that, i was unable to submit most of my tasks and got low grades, which meant that i would need to get 87 or higher on all of my grades in my midterms to keep my scholarship.

with this, i am looking for a regular study buddy! here are my preferences for the study buddy!
  • someone who likes studying at late nights, usually until 2 am, but when i cram for deadlines, i last 'til 5 am or don't sleep at all lmao
  • big no-no if you are: homophobic, xenophobic, racist, sexist, ableist, or any of the sort who like to discriminate people.
  • we usually use google meet for school so i'd be comfortable if we use that too, but i'm okay with zoom and skype too!
  • we can contact each other through google chat since you can reach me faster there, i usually reply asap! (but pls dont flood me, that shit makes me anxious)
  • video calls are optional, sometimes i feel like opening my camera and sometimes i don't but hopefully we could see each other's faces from time to time :))
  • i'm not requiring that you be in the similar strand/course as mine, but i guess it would be a bonus if you're an art student too!
  • i prefer using the pomodoro technique but we can talk about what study technique we should try out so it could be effective for both of us!
additional, well, perks?
  • you can rant in our google chat inbox about school stuff anytime if you'd like, as long as you give me a heads up before doing so! students support fellow students and you're not alone through this <3
  • if we managed to get along reaaally well, you can call me anytime so we could just hang out online and talk about life, tea, strugglez, and rant about stuff! just like friends do!
  • we can probably do a reward system? like we could watch a movie after a long day of work or play games together or something, that would be really cool!
before we officially begin with these schedules, hopefully we could schedule our first meeting with our videos on so we could discuss the specifics on the studying technique, ambience, and fixed schedules! we could also use this time to talk about ourselves and get to know each other more :))

that is all, i guess. sorry if this entry is quite long, i wouldn't want to post twice if ever i posted a vague "looking for study buddy" thread. thank you for taking your time to read this incredibly long post and have a great day ahead!

p.s.
I'm an art student too and I tend to overthink and procrastinate a lot. Does the offer still stand?

aHooman

Study Buddy
Hi!! I really liked the way you wrote your bio. And me too , I'm a bit shy but if we get to know each other quick then we can be friends in no time. And the course you have taken interests me as I am a big fan of anime and Manga and dont worry I won't ask you to draw me lol . But the only problem is I'm 16 so let me know if your ok with it . Oh wait....does the offer still stand?

haruto0920

I'm an art student too and I tend to overthink and procrastinate a lot. Does the offer still stand?
That's amazing! Yup! If you'd like to discuss on being regular study buddies and have our first meeting, you can PM me. See ya!

Last edited by a moderator:

haruto0920

Hi!! I really liked the way you wrote your bio. And me too , I'm a bit shy but if we get to know each other quick then we can be friends in no time. And the course you have taken interests me as I am a big fan of anime and Manga and dont worry I won't ask you to draw me lol . But the only problem is I'm 16 so let me know if your ok with it . Oh wait....does the offer still stand?
I'm pretty much okay with it, so long as we can converse about anime and manga only during the short study breaks or something xD Just send me a chat on the google account I mentioned above!

Also, since I've encountered some people who don't use google chat, it's accessible on the left sidebar of your gmail.

Attachments

• image_2021-03-31_195226.png
    image_2021-03-31_195226.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 232

aHooman

Study Buddy
I'm pretty much okay with it, so long as we can converse about anime and manga only during the short study breaks or something xD Just send me a chat on the google account I mentioned above!

Also, since I've encountered some people who don't use google chat, it's accessible on the left sidebar of your gmail.
I sent a message like you told me but I'm not sure if its you . Do you have Bokuto pfp ?Must be you as you watch anime to.

P.s. STUDY BUDDY ONEGAI IS SOOO CUTE UwU

ramen_magnet

additional, well, perks?

p.s.
hii i'm actually considering taking up animation as a future job. For now I do storyboarding and anime digital art in my free time. Studying could be fun together since we have the same interests (and also because i'm really confused about this stream)

MercurvYY

I am a student who is dying = I'm stuDYING
Study Buddy
Hi there!!! I'm Tron and i am a psychology student, but i love art and is a great part of my life. I would love to be your study buddy/friend for those nights of cramming which I constantly have as i go to university in Mapua and they bombard us with many works and activities. Your post is amazing and hilarious and i can tell that you are a great person and i hope we get a chance to get along. Your study requirements and techniques are very in line with mine as well so we wont have many issues with that and i just hope your offer still stands so that we can survive going to university :)

Jane Oldham

Accountability buddy desperately needed!
Study Buddy
Hi there, Haru!

Although I'm not a student right now I'm up for a dedicated schedule for accountability - up to 6 days per week. (probably not with the same people!!!)

Also, I'm actually much older than most of the people here and writing & researching for a business startup, but it's essentially the same thing! The only issue I can see is that I'm in Sydney UTC+10, but that could be a good thing depending on where you are.

Cheers, jane

shawnbernard

Study Buddy
I'm preparing for my Y2 pro exam.
I need to put in a lot of hours of work as I'm really wanting to love being in the hospitals and know my theory well by the time I'm in the hospitals.

I hope you'll consider my req to study.
Here's what I really need> Just to know that someone is on the other side studying as well. I live with my family and It's tough not having my batchmates around in the library to study with as much due to covid. It does heaps and bounds to my focus span and motivation when I know I'm having similar company and we're both studying.
I don't require conversations while being on the study session and I only require the study sessions. In other words, I concentrate fully on my work.
But I'm open to entertain conversations before starting, it's just I'm quite busy and I'd get anxious to talk while doing my work hahah.
Plus I'm open to making friends or sharing socials like IG if it comes to it.

Looking forward okay !