My Internet is not always reliable

H

Helen B.

Hi,
i just recently got introduced into moocs, but my Internet is not always reliable. Do you have any advice on how I can get around this problem?
Thanks

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Hi,
i just recently got introduced into moocs, but my Internet is not always reliable. Do you have any advice on how I can get around this problem?
Thanks
In many cases, you can download the video files to your computer. You'll need a video player on your computer to view downloaded videos.

On Coursera:
  1. Select a video from the course content page
  2. Scroll down to view discussions and resources below the video player
  3. Select the Lecture Video option from the Downloads menu in the right-hand sidebar
  4. Open the downloaded file in a video player program of your choice
On edX:
Go to "Download video here" right below each lecture video and click on the link

On FutureLearn:
Click on the download icon (second icon in the top right corner of the video). The video should open in another tab. You can then right click and save it to your desktop.

Udacity:
Downloadable course materials are available under the Downloadables header in course dashboards and in the Classroom. You can download .zip files of videos in .mp4 format and transcripts in .srt format for all Udacity courses. Offline viewing will require a separate video player.

Hope that helps :)

Upvote 0