Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women on Coursera: A Business Education for Women Entrepreneurs

Coursera Blog

Blog-Goldman-Sachs-1024x535.png

Having met its goal of reaching 10,000 women through an in-person business education program, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women is now leveraging technology to reach many more women entrepreneurs in emerging economies. We’re excited to announce that the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women program is now on Coursera.

Through this digital learning experience, developed with the University of Leeds, entrepreneurs have access to discussion forums to share their experiences and give and ask for support. The rigorous course is free and fully funded by the Goldman Sachs Foundation.

We interviewed a few graduates of the 10,000 Women program to learn more about their experiences and thoughts on why women small business owners should join the 10,000 Women community. Here’s what they had to say:

1. What has been the impact of graduating from 10,000 Women personally and professionally?

Seema, 10,000 Women graduate, India:10,000 Women has absolutely changed me personally and professionally. After graduating from the program, I saw tenfold growth, created my first marketing strategy, and went from 6 to 45 employees. After completing the course and seeing those results in my B2C business, I saw a need to develop a B2B concept to address growing demand. Now, we no longer just procure cabinetry, we customize it in our own warehouses. Personally, this program gave me the confidence in my actions because I knew they were backed by knowledge. Even my friends and family have recognized a difference in my personality – they refer to me as pre-course and post-course Seema!”

2. If you had to choose, what is one thing you learned from this program that most influenced your growth?

Ana, 10,000 Women graduate, Brazil: “The program taught me that being a business owner alone is not enough – you must learn to manage your business actively. Through building a network of fellow female business owners, I could leverage my business to further grow. The program helped me acquire strength and gave me access to essential tools and skills for the development of my business.”

3. What do you think other female entrepreneurs who are considering this program should know?

Ehime, 10,000 Women graduate, Nigeria: “This is a fantastic well-rounded course. My recommendation is to immerse yourself into the learning process. Step out of your comfort zone and be willing to try new things, both in your leadership style and business operations. I am often hesitant towards change, but I took the time to apply what I learned to my business in real time while taking the course. The program is relatable and designed with women like you and me in mind – I hope you enjoy hearing our stories throughout this journey!”

Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women is now available on Coursera for female entrepreneurs worldwide. Learn more and enroll here.

The post Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women on Coursera: A Business Education for Women Entrepreneurs appeared first on Coursera Blog.

Continue reading...