Do you have over a million energy points on Khan Academy? If so, post about why/how you...

Quora Feeds

Sumit Shyamsukha

As of 7th October, 2013, I have 651,372 energy points. I've been a member for slightly over two years, since I was in 9th grade. A lot of the material was to supplement similar courses in school / learn more than what they taught me in school. At some point, the school curriculum became altogether unimportant for me. I'm in 11th grade now, and I primarily use it for Math,Physics,Chemistry and Economics. I used KhanAcademy extensively while preparing for my Grade 10 public examinations (ICSE) and was proud to have solely relied on KhanAcademy and the Internet (other than school of course) for everything (no tutors whatsoever - I feel this is important to mention given the state of the education system in India)

The energy points never meant anything to me. I continually watched videos because I wanted to learn. I'd go to KhanAcademy to learn material that wasn't in my curriculum, because the videos made me want to learn. I fell in love with Mathematics. I'd do the exercises to test myself. Eventually, the points kept piling up. I used KhanAcademy for Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, CS, and of late, Economics. The key takeaway is that I wasn't in desperate search of energy points; I simply craved the knowledge the videos offered.

See Questions On Quora

Continue reading...