• This is a new forum so there may not be a lot of messages here yet. We need YOU to get the ball rolling, so don't be shy... get posting! Check out the How to Guide if you need help.

Check In to Focus/Check Out to Celebrate

Zuri

Group Manager
Study Buddy
This is thread to track your specific study sessions. i think of it as being different from tracking your overall progress because this can be filled with courses we're not interested in or side projects that don't fit anywhere specifically in addition to what our goal is. It's for the chapters you read, the papers you write, and the videos you have to watch plus others so that you can reach your goal. Come in to share your Check In/Out sessions and encourage everyone!

Check-in to Focus!
Before I study I have an idea of what I'd like to achieve. So check in and answer
  • Topic of Study/Book to read
  • What do you want to accomplish? i.e. read 20 pages, watch documentary, complete 5 equations
  • Fun question: what's your background noise? i.e. music, soundscape, traffic, silence
Check out to Celebrate!
After I finish a study session i always try to celebrate what I accomplished even if I didn't accomplish everything. it's good to encourage yourself and reflect on what can do differently next time, if needed.
  • What was your topic? (necessary in case other people have posted since you did)
  • How much of your goal did you accomplish?
  • What was great about the study session?
  • What would you do differently, if anything?

Zuri

Group Manager
Study Buddy
  • Topic of Study/Book to read: Reading "How to read a book" by Mortimer Adler
  • What do you want to accomplish? Currently on pg 104. I want to make it to 150 before the end of this study session.
  • Fun question: what's your background noise? Lofi-Hip

Zuri

Group Manager
Study Buddy
  • What was your topic? Reading "how to read a book?"
  • How much of your goal did you accomplish? I made it to page 136 instead of pg 150.
  • What was great about the study session? I learned about the 5th-8th rules of analytical reading concerning the shared understanding between author and reader of terms and phrases plus identifying arguments and solutions set forth by the author.
  • What would you do differently, if anything? Structure a longer break in reading. Definitely got sleepy while trying to read.

Zuri

Group Manager
Study Buddy
  • Topic of Study/Book to read: Improving your study techniques via Future Learn
  • What do you want to accomplish? Complete week 1 of the course
  • Fun question: what's your background noise?Lofi!

Zuri

Group Manager
Study Buddy
I forgot to checkout of my last study session lol
  • Topic of Study/Book to read: Improving your study techniques via Future Learn
  • What do you want to accomplish? Complete week second half of week 1 of the study course
  • Fun question: what's your background noise?Lofi!
A follow up to the previous session I've since created a planner via Airtable that helps me journal, as well as plan out my study sessions. I am behind on the course because of really working on this planner lol

Zuri

Group Manager
Study Buddy
  • What was your topic? Improve studying techniques
  • How much of your goal did you accomplish? I completed week 1!
  • What was great about the study session? well i'm done, and realizing the effectiveness of previewing text
  • What would you do differently, if anything? i switched from lofi to regular tv in the background...big mistake.