- Skill Level
- Beginner to Advanced
- Individual courses $198-$498 +Fees / Certificate Programs $896-$2,288+Fees
- e-books, coding exercises, 1-on-1 mentorship,
- Course Length
- Self-paced (30-135 hours per course)
- Certificate of completion, Portfolio
- Software/Hardware Requirements
The O'Reilly School of Technology and are no longer accepting new enrollments. All courses already in progress will continue, and each student with a current Enrollment Agreement will have until the earlier of (a) the expiration of that Enrollment Agreement, or (b) January 31, 2016 to complete the course. See the FAQ for more information, or use the contact form if you have questions.
The O'Reilly School of Technology invite you to explore their new training offerings for technical professionals. The online offerings include video and interactive tutorials, some of which are written using the Jupyter Notebooks.
O’Reilly School of Technology offers Web development courses and certificate programs through a unique learning platform and methodology with which you develop new skills at your own pace—anytime, anywhere, with ongoing, one-to-one instructor interaction. In addition to the Web Development skills commonly found on other courses, topics covered include Python, Perl, Java, and more. Guided by a personal coach, students learn by doing via exercises and programming projects whilst developing a professional portfolio (there are no videos or lectures). Support & feedback is given through the learning platform, by phone and via live chat.
As well as individual courses, the site offers 12 Certificate programs which are made up of a series of individual courses and aim to give graduates job-ready proficiency in the skills covered and a professional portfolio of work that demonstrates this to employers and clients.
Courses are delivered through the school's self-contained learning environment, Learning Sandbox™, which includes communication tools and learning content as well as a code editor to learn and practice code.
NB. In addition to the cost of the course, there is a registration fee for every new enrollment agreement: 20% of tuition, but no more than $200 per enrollment. The registration fee is non-refundable after 7 days of beginning your course.
Tools & Features
- Learning Sandbox™ - self-contained learning environment with code editor
- 1-on-1 mentorship
- Support & feedback via phone, e-mail, live chat & a Stack Overflow-type Interface
- Assignments & quizzes with instructor feedback
- Sharable portfolio & Program Certificates
- 30% discount on all of our courses for active-duty US military personnel and veterans