- Skill Level:
- Beginner to Advanced
- 8-week courses $3,000; 4-week course $1,500
- Live sessions, weekly projects
- Course Length:
- 4 & 8 weeks (5 to 30+ hours/week depending on skill level & circumstances)
- Baseline understanding of topics covered is recommended
- Software/Hardware Requirements:
- Unix based operating environment
Code Union is an online solution for people with busy schedules to learn new technical skills. Currently, Code Union offers 4 workshops:
The workshops,where students are organised into groups according to their availability, meet twice a week for approximately two hours each session, giving students an opportunity to get hands on keyboard time with instructors and other students or get a guided tour of a particular piece of code or concept. Live sessions also have interactive time where instructors and students collaboratively build software. Further feedback and support is offered through Slack (coder messenger board) and a GitHub tool.
- Rails, TDD, and Professional Engineering (8 weeks): Advanced Rails, Automated testing & TDD. This workshop for intermediate students dives deep into the professional aspects of software development, with an emphasis on group projects, teamwork, automated testing & TDD, maintainability, and other skills one traditionally learns on the job. Ruby and Rails are the core framework.
- Topics in Computer Science (8 weeks): This workshop is aimed at advanced students and covers core topics in pure computer science, with an emphasis on data structures and analysis of algorithms. Topics include lists, trees, graphs, and the algorithms associated with them.
- SQL Deep-Dive & Metrics (4 weeks): SQL, Basic statistics and analytics,
Tools & Features
- Pre-course 60 minute video interview to assess skill level, motivation, expectations etc
- Bi-weekly live sessions with peers & staff
- Weekly projects
- Slack: coder messenger board for support & feedback
- GitHub code feedback tool
- Payment plan options
- Pro-rated refund option up to the mid-point of a workshop
Coding Bootcamp Code Union
Share this Item
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!