Is eLearning as effective as traditional instruction?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Muvaffak GOZAYDIN

Study Buddy
let 200 best universities of the USA provide 50 % of their courses offerred by online tool , by best professors developing online degree programs at the same quality as oncampus courses at low cost

Yazid AS

Study Buddy
Making the website more easy for the use and more understandable , i personally know that it's a studying plateform but i dont know how to use it and what are the benefits , the good points of it compared to the other free online courses websites

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
The main aim of MoocLab is to act as a centralized resource to guide people in their pursuit of online education. The site doesn't offer any courses as there are plenty of other very good sites that do this already, but we try to keep people informed and guide them to the appropriate sites and courses.

MoocLab has a number of tools and features to help people with online learning:
  1. Discussion forums where members can post comments, ask questions or give advice on online learning
  2. Tips & Guides on online learning
  3. Reviews of platforms offering online courses
  4. Up to date news and articles on online learning
  5. Find a Study Buddy tool to help members search for and connect with compatible study partners for online courses
  6. Study Groups enabling members to create or join private study group forums
You may like to visit our Help pages for further information on MoocLab's features and how to use them.

I hope that clarifies things a little for you. Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions about MoocLab.:)

Vindra Khanai

Allow flexible deadlines, everyone can't meat all the deadlines all the time.
Some platforms already do this, others should provide this flexibility too.

Susan

Hi all,
Is it possible to gain the same knowledge using MOOCs as you would in a traditional BA course?
I'd be really interested to know if anyone here has achieved this (or something similar) and how they went about it.
Also, how would you convinve a potential employer that you are as good as anyone who went down the traditional learning route?

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
It depends on how you approach it. To succeed, you'd need spend time beforehand (a lot of time) curating the courses and content that is usually offered on a traditional BA course. Then, you'd have to create and organise your own learning pathway with set goals along the way. MOOCs offer a great source of high quality content, but just taking MOOCs passively would not be enough. You'd need to do all the recommended background reading, keep up to date with the latest publications in your subject area, network with peers as much as possible, and ensure you find ways to implement your learning and knowledge in real terms.
There are two great examples that I know of where people have succeeded in obtaining the equivalent of an MBA using MOOCs:
Laurie Pickard: No-Pay MBA
Ankit Khandelwal: Great Real Life Example of Self-Directed Learning Using Technology

Bessie Warren

All things considered, in e-learning, you accomplish degrees and recognitions at a quick pace and it is much less demanding than a classroom.do my college assignment for me It likewise makes you eligable for the openings for work that require a degree that you can likewise obtain online.

Last edited:

Muvaffak GOZAYDIN

Study Buddy
I think it would be good to have better tools for face-to-face study groups.
Sure. You are right. But how many families can afford it . It is even b etter to get education from Sokrates one to one . But can we do it ? Plus many f2f education are on the hand of not many good teachers. Teachers are paid well . Therefore there are less good teachers. Look up Finland . Teachers get the salary of a General Manager then education is best in the World , not online .

Muvaffak GOZAYDIN

Study Buddy
All things considered, in e-learning, you accomplish degrees and recognitions at a quick pace and it is much less demanding than a classroom. It likewise makes you eligable for the openings for work that require a degree that you can likewise obtain online.
Bessie
You are 100 % wrong . You do not accomplish degrees at a quick pace and it is much less demanding than a classroom . Good online requires much more efforts and work than f2f . First you get more material at online than for f2f . Many extra videoes, animations, extra readings from the World libraries . More correspondence among participants . Discussion groups .

Everybody, including you forget that online is just a tool . Important thing is to deliver the best material, that is knowledge , to students . WHO has the best knowledge . Reputable universities .
I classified that as the first 200 best universities of the USA . ( See US News classification . Not best . But best available . ) May be even less than 200 .

ONLINE courses can multiplicate the capacity's of the good reputable universities . Wouldn't you want MIT to double its capacity by online and at lower cost. Same as Harvard . Same as University of Illinois . We should not send our children to low performing , second class colleges and universities. It is waste of time and Money . Would you want your children go to Harvard 50 % online and 50 % f2f at 50 % less cost . Or go to a second class local college but f2f .

Muvaffak GOZAYDIN

Study Buddy
It depends on how you approach it. To succeed, you'd need spend time beforehand (a lot of time) curating the courses and content that is usually offered on a traditional BA course. Then, you'd have to create and organise your own learning pathway with set goals along the way. MOOCs offer a great source of high quality content, but just taking MOOCs passively would not be enough. You'd need to do all the recommended background reading, keep up to date with the latest publications in your subject area, network with peers as much as possible, and ensure you find ways to implement your learning and knowledge in real terms.
There are two great examples that I know of where people have succeeded in obtaining the equivalent of an MBA using MOOCs:
Laurie Pickard: No-Pay MBA
Ankit Khandelwal: Great Real Life Example of Self-Directed Learning Using Technology
Carolyn
Sorry for late response . MOOCs are for everybody . It does not have any academic value . Some EDX courses are excellent , very close to have high academic value. But they are very few .
But I advocate ONLINE FOR CREDITS BY REPUTABLE GOOD UNIVERSITIES .

Please look up new MIT " Supply Chain Management " master degree program . That is excellent . It has nothing to do with MOOCs. 50 % online courses and tuition is also 50 % less . 40.000 have been registered already , started on 10th of February . IT IS EXCELLENT .
Look up Georgia Tech Computer Science online master degree program . 100 % online . Cost is $ 6.000 instead of f2f $ 45.000 . 3.000 participants. This is its second year . This is not a MOOC and has nothingh to do with MOOCs. IT IS EXCELLENT .
I hope more will follow .

Muvaffak GOZAYDIN

Study Buddy
Carolyn
This discussion is wonderful .
You are an excellent moderator .
I have commented time to time .
But how can I follow this discussion regularly .

You ask question IO want to ask. You get wonderful responses .
Please keep it up . Increase your followers. Wnhat can we do ?

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Carolyn
This discussion is wonderful .
You are an excellent moderator .
I have commented time to time .
But how can I follow this discussion regularly .

You ask question IO want to ask. You get wonderful responses .
Please keep it up . Increase your followers. Wnhat can we do ?
Thanks Muvaffac - it's always great to get such supportive feedback. And thank you for your contributions to the discussions.
To follow this discussion, click on "Watch Thread" at the top of this thread page and you will be notified whenever there is a new comment.
To increase our followers, encouraging people to add valuable and useful posts/comments in the different threads and forums is one great way to generate more interest. And spread the word among your friends and colleagues :)
Thanks again for your support.
Carolyn