Study Buddy I'm looking for study buddies for Japanese and Medicine

Misskay

Study Buddy
I am learning n5 for Japanese.
I am 3rd year medical student(but I procrastinated a lot so my knowledge is very low)
Even if you are 1st year med student,we can study together

Hibarii

Hi there, 26 yr old girl here.
I have JLPT N2 (scored 174 out of 180), currently working at a Japanese manufacturing company located in the US. Since I did it mostly by self-studying, I might be a pretty good study buddy.

I am not a med student but I’m planning to start prepping for PCAT, which has some overlapping contents with MCAT. My background is Bio major, Chem minor.

My current goal is to study for two months, five days a week, starting Jan 1st. Right now I’m ordering all the materials.

After my two-months’ course of sprint I’ll be setting a new goal and start the next phase, so don’t worry I’ll still be studying :)
  • Assuming you are taking part in 17 hours of sessions per week, you will have about 150 hours by the end of two months. That’s almost 40% of the hours needed for absolute beginners to pass JLPT N5.
  • My personal experience is that 40% of my time spent studying for the JLPT test is learning the new concepts/kanji/grammar, and 60% is simply carving the stuff you just learned through repetition. It’s a bit of a slippery slope argument, but technically, cramming with me through phase one alone callous enough time for you to learn all the new principles necessary for N5 test prep.

A little bit about myself...
I work in the day so I am usually not available until after 5pm MST. I do plan to have morning sessions two to three times a week.
I’m really motivated and I stick to my schedule. Whether you are meticulous or tend to procrastinate, I’m there for you. (I understand that a vigorous test-prep study schedule is not for everyone, please feel free to skip some sessions if you wish)

My preferred platform is zoom but I’m flexible.
Thank you for reading all this, and I look forward to studying with you some time soon.

Hibarii

Oh@MissKay I checked out your profile, since you’re located in Myanmar

my time zone is US MST, which is UTC-7

I’m most likely available in Yangon time,
Weekdays 7am - 11am; 9pm -10pm
Weekends 5am - 10am.

please let me know if the above time slots work for you. Thanks!

For US readers, I’m likely available MST​
Weekdays 5:30 pm - 9:30pm, 7:30am - 8:30 am;​
Weekends 3:30 pm - 8:30pm.​

Bull's eye

MSc Applied Neuroscience candidate
Group Manager
Study Buddy
I am learning n5 for Japanese.
I am 3rd year medical student(but I procrastinated a lot so my knowledge is very low)
Even if you are 1st year med student,we can study together
Hi, I am a postgraduate student of neuroscience with great interest in medicine and experience in social care and mental health care, so I have worked alongside doctors and nurses a lot.. Hence, my interest in medical studies. Also, I actually studied Japanese myself for a few months but then moved to another country... Anyways, the interest in the language is still there and given our common interest it'd be interesting to try and learn more in parallel..
Let me know if you are still interested..