Become an Innovator with OMIE

Coursera Blog

FB.png

HEC Paris’ Master’s in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (OMIE) is a self-paced 100% online degree that helps bring your ideas to life through a rigorous combination of academic theory and learning-by-doing activities.

We spoke with two students from the program about why they chose OMIE and what it’s like to be part of a global classroom on Coursera.

Why OMIE?

Rahima is a project manager at General Electric, and her job requires her to be extremely organized and detail-oriented. She was looking for a master program that would help her become a more innovative business leader and decided the OMIE would be the perfect fit.

“I came to a point in my career where I needed to discover a new way of thinking. I wanted to unleash my potential and develop a more creative mindset. I decided to apply when I realized I wanted to make real change within my organization.” – Rahima

Tim is a site manager for Colorite Compounds, a leading producer of polymers for medical and industrial use. He’s a self-starter who’s founded 5 companies during his career, but he felt he needed to learn more entrepreneurial skills that the OMIE provides.

“I wanted to get my Master’s in Innovation and Entrepreneurship to help me accomplish my goals, and this program helps you draw a roadmap to success. I looked at a number of other universities, but I decided that didn’t want a standard business degree. Instead, I wanted something focused on innovation. I believe anyone who graduates from this program will become more innovative and might even create the next big startup.” – Tim

Take part in a global classroom and engage with peers from all over the world without leaving your city.

“The program is very diverse, and there are students from more than 22 different countries. There is a tremendous sense of community and you definitely feel supported by your fellow classmates. Even though you’re not physically in the same classroom, there’s a sense of camaraderie.” – Tim

For a preview of the degree program, check out these open courses now: Entrepreneurship Strategy: From Ideation to Exit and Organizing for Innovation.

The post Become an Innovator with OMIE appeared first on Coursera Blog.

Continue reading...