Ask a question

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
If you have a question you'd like answered about online learning, online courses or MOOCs, this is the place to ask. We will endeavour to answer your question and if we can't, we'll find someone who can!

Just type your question in the reply box, then click on "Post Reply" :)

Susan

There is a lot of talk that MOOC platforms are now charging a fee for what they offer. Is it still possible to enrol in a MOOC for free?

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
There is a lot of talk that MOOC platforms are now charging a fee for what they offer. Is it still possible to enrol in a MOOC for free?
You are quite right, Susan! MOOC platforms are shifting away from their original "Free" models and now many of their services are paid, such as gaining a verified certificate (free certificates are being phased out) or submitting assignments for grading.
HOWEVER, you can still access the course content for free :)

B

Bob

Is it possible to enrol in a MOOC that has already started or already finished?

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Is it possible to enrol in a MOOC that has already started or already finished?
You can ususally enrol on a MOOC that has already started, although if you wish to complete the course from beginning to end, make sure you have enough time to meet the deadlines.
Often finished courses will run again at another time and many platforms allow you to add a course to your watch list so you get notified when the course is due to run again.
There are also an increasing number of on-demand courses which allow you to enrol at any time.

H

Helen B.

Hi,
i just recently got introduced into moocs, but my Internet is not always reliable. Do you have any advice on how I can get around this problem?
Thanks

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Hi,
i just recently got introduced into moocs, but my Internet is not always reliable. Do you have any advice on how I can get around this problem?
Thanks
In many cases, you can download the video files to your computer. You'll need a video player on your computer to view downloaded videos.

On Coursera:
  1. Select a video from the course content page
  2. Scroll down to view discussions and resources below the video player
  3. Select the Lecture Video option from the Downloads menu in the right-hand sidebar
  4. Open the downloaded file in a video player program of your choice
On edX:
Go to "Download video here" right below each lecture video and click on the link

On FutureLearn:
Click on the download icon (second icon in the top right corner of the video). The video should open in another tab. You can then right click and save it to your desktop.

Udacity:
Downloadable course materials are available under the Downloadables header in course dashboards and in the Classroom. You can download .zip files of videos in .mp4 format and transcripts in .srt format for all Udacity courses. Offline viewing will require a separate video player.

Hope that helps :)

Ahmed Samaila

Study Buddy
If you have a question you'd like answered about online learning, online courses or MOOCs, this is the place to ask. We will endeavour to answer your question and if we can't, we'll find someone who can!

Just type your question in the reply box below, then click on "Post Reply" :)

Write a program that counts up the number of vowels contained in the string s. Valid vowels are: 'a', 'e', 'i', 'o', and 'u'. For example, if s = 'azcbobobegghakl', your program should print:

Carolyn

Founder at MoocLab
Staff member
Group Manager
Write a program that counts up the number of vowels contained in the string s. Valid vowels are: 'a', 'e', 'i', 'o', and 'u'. For example, if s = 'azcbobobegghakl', your program should print:
Hi Ahmed,
I'm afraid your question doesn't relate to online learning, and I'm unsure what it is your are asking exactly. You could try asking our members who have knowledge in data science: Click here to view members.

suneel chittamuru

Dear sir/madam
I am interested in vannamei culture course.can you please give me course duration and fees.i heard kufos best in aquaculture. Thank you

Just type your question in the reply box below, then click on "Post Reply" :)[/QUOTE]