A Passion for Learning Leads to an Internship

Coursera Blog

After completing over 10 courses in data science and programming, Shubham D. landed a job as a content developer and become a Coursera mentor. Read his story:

I’m currently working as a Software Analyst in Mumbai, India. I joined Coursera after graduation and it’s helped me gain experience and develop and design my own website. I completed The Data Scientists Toolbox, R Programming, Introduction to HTML5, Programming for Everybody, and more. These courses changed the way I view data science and gave me a new set of technical skills.

After completing various data science courses on Coursera I got an internship as a content developer using the programming languages I learned. Coursera has definitely helped me pursue my passion and land this position. I was able to showcase my course projects on web development, theory of computation, and graph theory when applying.

I recently became a mentor on Coursera, and have truly enjoyed helping others while learning from the questions that are being asked. As Abdul Kalam, former President of India said, “Always remember to never stop learning. As learning gives creativity, creativity leads to thinking, thinking provides knowledge, and knowledge makes you great.”

Explore our Data Science courses here: http://bit.ly/2AwlOuR

The post A Passion for Learning Leads to an Internship appeared first on Coursera Blog.

Continue reading...