5 courses to help keep those New Year’s resolutions

CourseTalk

Find the right course from the right source.
new-years-eve-1041738_960_720.jpg

New Year’s resolutions — many of us make them, few of us keep them. But at CourseTalk, we think all you need to stick with your resolutions are the right resources. Try these online courses, all available on demand, to help make your 2016 resolutions reality!

If you want to stay fit in 2016, check out:
Personal Fitness & Wellness
heart-care-1040248_960_720.png

• Provider: StraighterLine

Ok, you want to lose weight, or just be healthier overall, right? This course takes a holistic approach to fitness, looking at risk factors for disease, healthcare costs, stress management and lifestyle choices. If you decide to take the class, you’ll need to do some homework first, like complete a 5K or participate in the Presidential Fitness Challenge. But a little investment in your health can go a long way!

If you’re looking to travel more, explore
:
Traveling and Loyalty Programs Best Practices
Tarom.b737-700.yr-bgg.arp_.jpg

• Provider: Pluralsight

Whether you belong to a travel or loyalty program now or are looking for ways to save on travel in the future, this could be the perfect course for you. Learn how you can rack up travel points quickly, even if you only make the occasional domestic trip. You’ll save time, money and any number of headaches.

If you feel like there are never enough hours in the day, maybe you need to get organized:
Learn Time Management, Get Organized & Get Everything Done
time.png

• Provider: Udemy

Want to be super productive or just minimize the chaos in your life? Get the help you need in this brief course, loved by CourseTalk reviewers for its practical approach. As one reviewer said, “The biggest help to me was the goal setting and scheduling. … This course put me on the right track to make good decisions.”

If you want to save more money this year, consider:
Introduction to Life Insurance and Retirement Savings
money-860128_960_720.jpg

• Provider: Alison

There’s nothing like the holiday season to get you thinking about straightening out your personal finances. The new year is the perfect time to rein in spending and ensure you’re set for retirement, but it sure can be a daunting task. What’s the difference between a 401(K) and a Roth IRA? Get these answers and more in this free introductory course.

And finally, if your goal is simply to enjoy life to the fullest:
The Science of Happiness

• Provider: edx

Created by UC Berkeley’s Greater Good Science Center, this course uses scientific research to help you tap into your happiness. Several CourseTalk reviewers have loved it so much, they took it multiple times. Still not sold? Check out this anonymous review: “I was a bit iffy at first about joining the course and I just wasn’t sure if my time would be well-spent. Well, it was. Many of the subjects were just thought-provoking in the sense that it gave me a lot to think about and it gave me different perspectives to self-reflect.”

5jq048Bmrcg

Continue reading...