- Skill Level:
- Beginner to Intermediate
- Entire web development stack
- Project-based, community driven
- Course Length:
- 600-800 hours of content/self-paced
- Learn Verification & transparent records via GitHub
- Intro to Web Development track (30 hrs of free prep work)
- Software/Hardware Requirements:
- Computer, Internet connection
As a MoocLab user, get 25% off your 1st month's tuition
The Learn-Verified Web Developer program is an online coding bootcamp offered by New York’s Flatiron School, an accelerated educational program for web and mobile development. The online program teaches students to build real software using the same tools and workflows professional software developers use every day. The open-sourced curriculum provided by Flatiron School focuses on current market trends and “is not designed to be easy” requiring “a tremendous amount of focus and dedication”. In return for such dedication, graduates of Learn-Verified are guaranteed to receive a full-time job offer within six months of completing the program and are eligible for a full tuition refund if they do not.
For $1,000/month, students complete the same full stack developers curriculum that Flatiron School's immersive courses use. After completing the program, Flatiron School's placement staff will work to place Learn-Verified graduates in jobs where they can begin careers in the field of software development. Hiring partners include Google, Microsoft, Intel and Kickstarter. The online coding school claims that 99% of Flatiron School graduates find jobs as programmers, earning an average salary of $74,000.
In order to be eligible, applicants are expected to complete the Intro to Web Development track which includes up to 30 hours of curriculum for free. Successful applicants will spend 600-800 hrs learning as part of the Learn community and complete at least three assessments throughout the course and pass a final evaluation in order to obtain your Learn Verification.
Tools & Features
Learn Verified program
- Up to 30 hours of pre-application free prep work
- 600-800 hours of content focused on the entire web development stack
- Flatiron School curriculum - 700+ lessons
- Community support from other learners
- Live support - Access to a team of TAs 24 hours/day
- Project code reviews
- 1:1 live pairing sessions with our instructors
- Weekly instructor-led reflection session to bond with fellow students
- Daily live lectures from Senior Flatiron School instructors
- A massive code portfolio on Github
- Recorded lectures from Flatiron School instructors
- Professional workflows - Write code the real way, using Git, Bash, and a test-driven approach.
- Study groups
- Unrestricted access to a personal job coach
- Job guarantee within 6 months or your money back
- Career training
- Come visit - Drop into our NYC campus at any time to mingle with students and instructors
Have you used this learning platform? If so, please log in or sign up to rate and review this item. Just hover the cursor over the stars and select the number of stars you wish to award. You can then add your review if you wish.
Coding Bootcamp The Learn-Verified Web Developer program
Share this Item
Recent User Reviews
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!