What is the fastest time a person can create a minesweeper game using C?

Quora Feeds

Garry Taylor

For me, C wouldn’t be the issue, it’s that I’ve not created a graphical program in C in probably over 10 years.

For a simple game like this, the issues of building things in C don’t really come into it, it’s more familiarity with a GUI library or toolkit which would be my problem.

With all that in mind, and not wanting to rush things too much, I’d be content to come into work at 9am, and have a working game by 5pm. That probably sounds like a long time in a way, for such a simple game, but if you want to do a half-decent job, with nice graphics, and scoring, and levels getting harder as you progress, it’s probably going to take longer than you may expect.

If you want to do a lovely job, i.e. something you could charge for on an app store, then it could easily go up to a week.

The last program I wrote, I had the basics working in 2 weeks, but it took almost 4 months to get to the point where I actually shipped it.

Sometimes the core problem can be cracked in days or weeks, but it takes months to round off the edges and make it into something you could realistically ship as a product.

See Questions On Quora

Continue reading...

jenniferbenn

Garry Taylor

For me, C wouldn’t be the issue, it’s that I’ve not created a graphical program in C in probably over 10 years.

For a simple game like this, the issues of building things in C don’t really come into it, it’s more familiarity with a GUI library or toolkit which would be my problem.

With all that in mind, and not wanting to rush things too much, I’d be content to come into work at 9am, and have a working game by 5pm. That probably sounds like a long time in a way, for such a simple game, but if you want to do a half-decent job, with nice graphics, and scoring, and levels getting harder as you progress, it’s probably going to take longer than you may expect.

If you want to do a lovely job, i.e. something you could charge for on an app store, then it could easily go up to a week.

The last program I wrote, I had the basics working in 2 weeks, but it took almost 4 months to get to the point where I actually shipped it.

Sometimes the core problem can be cracked in days or weeks, but it takes months to round off the edges and make it into something you could realistically ship as a product.

See Questions On Quora uno online

Continue reading...
Oh, I did one in Pascal (don’t remember if Borland or Turbo, used both back then), on an 8086 with 640kb RAM and EGA graphics. Not that hard, it took about 2 weeks (I was a learning teenager, with no Internet, and a school to attend)