What are some fascinating courses on Lynda.com?

Quora Feeds

Scott Fegette

It really depends on the topic you're interested in, but here are some of the courses I've personally been fascinated by amongst our recent releases:

Design: Insights on Graphic Design with Von Glitschka
A fantastic peek into the mindset, workflow and process of an amazing graphic/logo designer.

Photography: Douglas Kirkland on Photography: Storytelling through Photography
A quote that tells it all: "Everyone's camera can tell a story". Brilliant insight into another pro's approach towards his art.

Web Design: Design Aesthetics for Web Design
A great exploration of aesthetics that helps tie creativity back onto the very technical development model of the web. (Can you tell I translate 'fascinating' into 'inspirational' with these choices?)

Productivity: Managing Your Time
Who doesn't want to have more control over their schedule, workload and demands? I really enjoyed Todd Dewett's insight into how to effective get control of your calendar and make your days much more productive.

Audio & Recording: Audio Recording Techniques
Bobby Owsinski really knocks it out of the park with this accessible, easy to follow overview of the key techniques and workflows used in modern recording. Everything from mic placement to correct use of outboard (and software) effects to help get a great, professional recording no matter what you're using or have on hand.

Video: DSLR Video Tips
A brilliant weekly series from pros Rich Harrington and Robbie Carman- although it does focus a bit on using DSLRs to capture and shoot professional-quality video they cover a very broad range of topics from correct exposure, to modern cameras like GoPros and the new micro Blackmagic cameras, to just awesome techniques you can use on the go to get amazing footage. I never miss a week.

Hope this is helpful!

See Questions On Quora

Continue reading...