Leveraging Her MicroMasters Credential for Career Advancement: Meet, Mia

edX Blog

I first heard about the MITx MicroMasters program in Supply Chain Management from a coworker, and it piqued my interest. I had been working at a biotech company as a logistic technician and then moved into a supply chain role focused on improving efficiency. I loved the challenges of my new role, but with a background in behavioral neuroscience, I felt I didn’t have the necessary business and supply chain skills to advance within my team.

I thought the MicroMasters program sounded interesting, so when the first course was available, I decided to try it out. I hadn’t originally intended to complete the whole program, but as I dove deeper into the content, I realized it was exactly what I was looking for. Everything I learned was immediately applicable in my job, giving me tools and background that I didn’t even realize I was missing. It was a great way to fill the gap between my professional and academic experiences, and gave me the confidence to tackle new challenges at work.

The MicroMasters flexibility fit really well into my schedule. Even though I wasn’t on campus taking classes, I was still getting an amazing education which paid off almost immediately. I was privileged to be a part of a great community of learners who cared deeply about the coursework, and I made many professional connections. I ultimately completed all of the courses in the MicroMasters program, and even came to MIT’s campus to take the final exam.

Around this same time, I got a call from a recruiter at a large local tech company. My MicroMasters credential was invaluable throughout the interview process, showing that I had mastered the knowledge necessary to succeed on the job. A month after completing the MicroMasters, I started my new role with increased responsibility and a significant pay bump. It was everything that I could’ve hoped for, I just didn’t imagine it happening so quickly!

The post Leveraging Her MicroMasters Credential for Career Advancement: Meet, Mia appeared first on edX Blog.

Continue reading...