How can I ask Brian Bi for programming advice?

Quora Feeds

Brian Bi

Write an interesting question, add the appropriate topics, and A2A me. That's really the best chance you've got.

There are various reasons why I don't reply to many private messages sent to me by Quora users I don't know. It is possible that I may reply to one, but it would have to satisfy the following criteria:
  • it must have the right amount of detail---excessive detail and I'll get bored reading it; not enough detail and your situation will seem generic (in which case why doesn't existing advice floating around on Quora apply to you?), and either:
  • there must be a reason PMing someone the question is better than posting a question (even anonymously), such as if you don't want to be identified and you think the details would identify you, or:
  • there must be a reason why I am especially well suited to be the one giving you advice, such as if we have similar backgrounds
If these criteria aren't met, I feel that it's not efficient for me to reply, since I would not even be able to give very good advice, and any advice I give would only be able to help one person, and I get several of these messages a week.

See Questions On Quora

Continue reading...