Behind the Scenes at edX

edX Blog

We’re excited to launch edX Insider, a new series that features the incredible team members at edX.

We’re chatting with Mike, our Head of Talent Acquisition. Mike is a Massachusetts native with a passion for education. He’s responsible for the strategy, planning, and execution of all hiring related activities here at edX.

Q: What do you think makes edX different?

A: EdX presents a innovative move in the right direction toward revolutionizing higher education. To combine such high-quality courses with the online medium is unprecedented and gives me faith that an education revolution is possible.

Q: What’s your favorite edX course?

A: I love the MicroMasters programs because they are the first real cohesive effort in providing online education in a way that leads to real-world career outcomes. Check out Project Management Life Cycle — a fantastic course in a highly in-demand field.

Q: Finish this sentence: Education is _______.

A: A pathway to more options in life.

Q: What’s your best advice for edX learners?

A: I highly recommend edX learners to seek out opportunities where they can leverage what they’ve learned in real-world situations, whether that’s through volunteer work, internships, or entry-level jobs.

Q: What drives you?

A: My children and watching them grow up and wondering if they will be predestined to enter the same academic ecosystem as I did. The fact that there could be other pathways to education motivates me to work as diligently as possible to ensure they have options.

Q: What do you like to do when you’re not at work?

A: I like the outdoors quite a bit. I like to kayak and hike. I like to ski and do things with my family.

The post Behind the Scenes at edX appeared first on edX Blog.

Continue reading...