Andrew Ng: Announcing My New Deep Learning Specialization on Coursera

Coursera Blog

Dear Friends,

I have been working on three new AI projects, and am thrilled to now announce the first one: deeplearning.ai, a project dedicated to disseminating AI knowledge, is launching a new sequence of Deep Learning courses on Coursera. These courses will help you master Deep Learning, learn how to apply it, and perhaps even find a job in AI.

AI is the new electricity

Just as electricity transformed every major industry starting about 100 years ago, AI is now poised to do the same. Several large tech companies have already built divisions dedicated to AI, and have made huge strides transforming themselves with AI. But in the next few years, companies of all sizes and across all industries will realize that they too can – and must – be part of this AI-powered future.

Building an AI-powered society

I hope we can build an AI-powered society that give everyone affordable healthcare, provides every child a personalized education, makes inexpensive self-driving cars available to all, and provides meaningful work for every man and woman. An AI-powered society that improves every person’s life.

But no single company can do all the work needed to get us there. Just as every new CS graduate now knows how to use the Cloud, every programmer in the future must know how to use AI. There are millions of ways Deep Learning can be used to improve human life, so society needs millions of you from all around the world to build great AI systems. Regardless of whether you are an aspiring software engineer in California, a research scientist in China, or an ML engineer in India, I want you to be able to use Deep Learning to solve the world’s challenges.

What you will learn

Anyone with basic machine learning knowledge can take this sequence of five courses, which make up Coursera’s new Deep Learning Specialization. You will learn the basics of neural networks, gain practical skills for building AI systems, learn about backpropagation, convolutional networks, recurrent networks, and more. In hands-on projects, you will practice applying Deep Learning and see it work for yourself on applications in healthcare, computer vision for reading sign language, music generation, language understanding, and others. The Specialization also includes interviews with some of the top leaders in the field, who will share with you their personal stories and give you advice for your career.

When you earn a Deep Learning Specialization Certificate, you will be able confidently put “Deep Learning” onto your resume.

Join me to build an AI-powered society

1.8 million people have enrolled in my Machine Learning class on Coursera since 2011, when four Stanford students and I launched what subsequently became Coursera’s first course. Since then, I have been inspired by many of you who have worked hard to understand machine learning, developed amazing careers, and built wonderful AI systems. I hope that the Deep Learning Specialization will help you build even more amazing things, let you help even more people, and go even further in your career.

I hope you will join forces with me to build an AI-powered society.

I will also keep you informed as my other two AI projects develop, and will keep looking for ways to support all of you in the global AI community.

Andrew Ng

Co-founder of Coursera

The post Andrew Ng: Announcing My New Deep Learning Specialization on Coursera appeared first on Coursera Blog.

Continue reading...