- Best for:
- Higher Education Students, Faculty, General Interest
- Arts, Biological Sciences, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Humanities, Physical Sciences, Social Ecology, Social Sciences
- Type of learning:
- Academic, General interest
- Course type:
- Self-paced free courseware
- In some cases, credit can be gained (fees apply)
- Learning pathways:
- Mobile Apps:
The University of California, Irvine’s OCW is a web-based repository of various UC Irvine courses and video lectures from UC Irvine faculty, seminar participants, and instructional staff. While the great majority of courses are drawn from graduate, undergraduate, and continuing education programs, some were originally produced under grant funding to serve specific needs in California and elsewhere. UC Irvine’s OCW is open and available to the world for free, complete with syllabi, exams and assignments. Users can access the courses via 9 main subject areas, select individual lecture videos on a particular topic, or opt for one of 10 “Collections” - curated sets of instructional materials and videos from seminars, lecture series and classes. Recorded academic conferences are also available to view via the site. Course files and pages can be downloaded (with the exception of videos which are referenced only by URL)
Accessing the content does not require any registration and the site does not grant degrees or certificates.
Tools & Features
- 100+ courses
- 9 subject areas
- 10 “Collections” of curated sets of instructional materials and videos from seminars, lecture series and classes on a certain topic
- Academic conferences
- Search and filtering options by resource type, or by school and department.
- List of related courses
- Option to provide a testimonial
In some cases, credit can be gained through one of several mechanisms: taking for-credit coursework (fees apply) offered at the University's continuing education unit,UC Irvine Extension, through Access UCI, Summer Session, or through the normal admissions process, such as the online Master of Advanced Studies in Criminology, Law and Society degree program. For more information, please contact Kathy Tam at email@example.com or visit UC Irvine Extension's Web site.
Open Courseware UC Irvine OpenCourseWare
Rate this provider - Select a star rating:Go to Website
Share this Item
Rate this provider - Select a star rating:
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!