- Best for:
- General interest, K-12 & Higher Education Students, Professionals
- Arts & Humanities, Sciences, Technology, Social Sciences, Business, Education, K-12 content
- Type of learning:
- Personal & professional development, Academic, skill-based, K-12
- Course type:
- Self-paced & Scheduled courses
- English (predominenetly), Portuguese, Italian, Spanish
- Certificate of Completion on some courses
- Learning pathways:
- Mobile Apps:
- iOS & Android
Open Education is a cloud based platform powered by the latest Blackboard technology which allows educators to publish courses or course content as Open Education Resources. Learners have access to over 300 free online courses from over 100 different educational institutions covering a range of subjects from the Arts, to Computer Science to Social Sciences. Courses are available in a multitude of languages and provide options for those interested in professional development, learning more about a topic, or wanting to preview a program at an institution before applying.
Tools & Features
Given that Blackboard's Open Education is primarily a course creation service, the course format, tools & features vary from one course to another, but may include video, audio, reading material, quizzes & assignments. Some courses offer social learning components & gamification such as reward badges.
- 300+ free courses
- 100+ institutions
- Social Learning components
- Course functionality videos
- Mobile apps: iOS & Android
Crowdsourced Open Education powered by Blackboard
Share this Item
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!