- Best for:
- Higher education students & faculty, General interest
- Literature, Science, Health & Medicine, Arts, Engineering, Business
- Type of learning:
- Course type:
- Self-paced free open courseware
- Learning pathways:
- Mobile Apps:
Open.Michigan features academic content created by the University of Michigan community for research, teaching or learning experiences. The initiative aims to help people find, use, and create openly licensed content and provides a space to share their educational content, with resources on how to share your own work. The site offers free courses, textbooks, datasets and interactive tutorials available for anyone to use, with course materials including videos, slides, text, student work and more which users can download and remix. Users can browse the resources by subject or school. The course page gives access to the course materials and provides an overview, syllabus, schedule, reading list and information on the instructor. Some courses are delivered directly on the Coursera platform.
Open.Michigan is not an accrediting body at U-M and does not grant degrees or certificates nor provide access to U-M faculty.
Tools & Features
- 20 topic areas
- 200+ courses & resources
- Resources are categorised by School & subject
- Filtering options by instructor, resource type & license
- Resources include video, audio, slides, text, student work as well as courses on Coursera
- Regularly updated blog posts
- Featured resources
- Tutorial on how to create your own open resources
Open Courseware Open.Michigan
Share this Item
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!