Study Buddy Expand Your Horizons: Join Me in Enriching Conversations and Sharpen Your English Skills!

shawnbernard

Study Buddy
Hello MoocLab Community,

I'm Shawn, a fourth-year medical student with a passion for continuous learning and meaningful discussions. Over the past three years as a MoocLab member, I've found immense value in connecting with diverse minds. Today, I'm reaching out for something a bit different, and I hope you'll join me on this journey.

Recently, I've noticed a decline in the quality of my spoken English. My speech has become less methodical, less descriptive, and less articulate. To address this, I am seeking conversation partners to practice and enhance our English speaking skills together. The goal? To achieve a more methodical, descriptive, and articulate flow in our conversations.

But this isn't just about me. It's about us growing together. Whether you're from the medical field or not, I believe we all have unique insights to share. My interests span a range of topics including, but not limited to:

- Medicine and Healthcare: Insights from my med school journey.
- Spirituality: talking about Jesus and the love we have for him, God's word and our daily life through heaven's eyes.
- Woodworking and Carpentry: Sharing experiences and projects.
- Physical Fitness and Exercise: Tips, routines, and the science behind them.
- Psychology, Psychiatry, and Social Anthropology: Discussing theories, historical figures like Lee Kuan Yew, and their impacts on society.

I'm looking for partners who are enthusiastic about sharing knowledge and improving our communication skills. Whether it's a deep discussion on psychiatric theories or a light-hearted chat about our latest DIY projects, I'm here for it all.

If you're interested in joining me for engaging, insightful conversations while honing your English speaking skills, please reply to this post or send me a direct message. Let's learn from each other, sharpen our minds, and maybe make a friend or two along the way!

Looking forward to speaking with you!

Warm regards,
Shawn

Please reply/private DM.
I shall reply all your responses every 48hours.

Moli

Hello MoocLab Community,

I'm Shawn, a fourth-year medical student with a passion for continuous learning and meaningful discussions. Over the past three years as a MoocLab member, I've found immense value in connecting with diverse minds. Today, I'm reaching out for something a bit different, and I hope you'll join me on this journey.

Recently, I've noticed a decline in the quality of my spoken English. My speech has become less methodical, less descriptive, and less articulate. To address this, I am seeking conversation partners to practice and enhance our English speaking skills together. The goal? To achieve a more methodical, descriptive, and articulate flow in our conversations.

But this isn't just about me. It's about us growing together. Whether you're from the medical field or not, I believe we all have unique insights to share. My interests span a range of topics including, but not limited to:

- Spirituality: talking about Jesus and the love we have for him, God's word and our daily life through heaven's eyes.
- Psychology, Psychiatry, and Social Anthropology: Discussing theories, historical figures like Lee Kuan Yew, and their impacts on society.

I'm looking for partners who are enthusiastic about sharing knowledge and improving our communication skills. Whether it's a deep discussion on psychiatric theories or a light-hearted chat about our latest DIY projects, I'm here for it all.

If you're interested in joining me for engaging, insightful conversations while honing your English speaking skills, please reply to this post or send me a direct message. Let's learn from each other, sharpen our minds, and maybe make a friend or two along the way!

Warm regards,
Shawn

Please reply/private DM.
Hi Shawn I’m moli…Tunisian European girl who’s studying medicine..currently for the mcat..I’m very studious but right now I’m drowning…I’m too much of a perfectionist….I’m into becoming the next shiong song..the drug developer who’s a billionaire if Uve heard of him....but I’m currently lost in the sciences…lost in the deep knowledge…I think wed make a good team what do you think?

shawnbernard

Study Buddy
Hi there, I was medical student.currently seeking for a study partner
Hello!,

It's great to hear from someone on a similar path. I understand the value of finding a good study partner in navigating the complexities of medical studies. Sharing insights, challenges, and support can make a significant difference.

I'm curious about your areas of interest and how you envision a study partnership.
Let's discuss how we might collaborate effectively to enhance our learning and achieve our goals.Looking forward to exploring this opportunity with you.

Warm regards, Shawn

shawnbernard

Study Buddy
Hi Shawn I’m moli…Tunisian European girl who’s studying medicine..currently for the mcat..I’m very studious but right now I’m drowning…I’m too much of a perfectionist….I’m into becoming the next shiong song..the drug developer who’s a billionaire if Uve heard of him....but I’m currently lost in the sciences…lost in the deep knowledge…I think wed make a good team what do you think?
Hi Moli,
Great to connect with a fellow med student and future innovator like Patrick Soon-Shiong. Your ambitions and drive really stand out.I understand the pressures of aiming for perfection and the overwhelming feeling that can come with diving deep into the sciences. Hope you always have the time saved for good rest and avenues to refresh yourself, (I know it definitely helps!)

I believe we definitely could make a good team. Sharing our challenges and insights could help us both navigate the complexities of our studies and future careers more effectively.

Let's schedule a time to chat further about how we can support each other in our respective journeys.Looking forward to our collaboration and growth,

Warm regards, Shawn

Ninz

Study Buddy
Hello MoocLab Community,

Warm regards,
Shawn

Please reply/private DM.
hello sire ,

You Do make a good sales pitch Ngl,i am a working pharmacist preparing for some assessment exams just to upskill myself i do think i have to practice my English along the way instead of a brute force it later it in couple of month and considering you do belong to med so we could discuss med concepts along the way ps i suck at therapeutics while being great in pharmacology ik sounds contradictory i m trying okay,so i present you with this i may not be as witty as u but definitely wouldnt be a procrastinator and i propose a deal i would teach u 3d printing stuff? ig? and in exchange we study ig? idk man i m straight up making stuff up rn so yea nice to meet u anyways

shawnbernard

Study Buddy
hello sire ,

You Do make a good sales pitch Ngl,i am a working pharmacist preparing for some assessment exams just to upskill myself i do think i have to practice my English along the way instead of a brute force it later it in couple of month and considering you do belong to med so we could discuss med concepts along the way ps i suck at therapeutics while being great in pharmacology ik sounds contradictory i m trying okay,so i present you with this i may not be as witty as u but definitely wouldnt be a procrastinator and i propose a deal i would teach u 3d printing stuff? ig? and in exchange we study ig? idk man i m straight up making stuff up rn so yea nice to meet u anyways
Hello Ninz!,
Thanks for the candid message, and no worries about making things up as you go – that’s often how the best plans start! Your mix of expertise in pharmacology and interest in 3D printing sounds fascinating.
While therapeutics might not be your favorite, I believe we all have our strengths and areas for improvement, and that's perfectly okay.I’m definitely intrigued by the idea of learning about 3D printing from you. It’s a skill I’ve been curious about but haven’t explored yet.
In exchange, I’d be glad to dive into medical concepts together, especially those you’re preparing for in your assessments. English practice will naturally fit into our discussions, so it seems like we have a solid plan forming here.Let’s set up a time to chat more about how we can structure our study and exchange sessions. And don’t worry about wit; your honesty and initiative are far more valuable in this kind of partnership.
Looking forward to learning from each other and making progress together!

Warm regards, Shawn

Ninz

Study Buddy
Hello Ninz!,
Thanks for the candid message, and no worries about making things up as you go – that’s often how the best plans start! Your mix of expertise in pharmacology and interest in 3D printing sounds fascinating.
While therapeutics might not be your favorite, I believe we all have our strengths and areas for improvement, and that's perfectly okay.I’m definitely intrigued by the idea of learning about 3D printing from you. It’s a skill I’ve been curious about but haven’t explored yet.
In exchange, I’d be glad to dive into medical concepts together, especially those you’re preparing for in your assessments. English practice will naturally fit into our discussions, so it seems like we have a solid plan forming here.Let’s set up a time to chat more about how we can structure our study and exchange sessions. And don’t worry about wit; your honesty and initiative are far more valuable in this kind of partnership.
Looking forward to learning from each other and making progress together!

Warm regards, Shawn
such a fast reply damn u are really impressing yours fragile meek madame,
haha jokes apart i would be starting pathophysiology in the next week i have some sketchy and pathoma resources lying arnd to get me started so i do find the plan going somewhere. Its interesting u do like 3d printing its a hobby of mine that costs me alot ngl i bricked my 3d printer trying to perform some upgrades so yea would get one soon.do tell me the timings or the way u would like to study ig?i suggest i complete some topics then on regular basis try to explain that to u while u do the same ig? i heard feynman technique work wonders trying to understand abstract stuff like path