Code School or Treehouse for a an intermediate developer?

Quora Feeds

Enrique Benitez

I absolutely agree with this comparison review:

Learn to Code Online: Code School vs. Treehouse vs. Codecademy

I love the three, but here's the thing, CodeAcademy is for the ones who are starting out, it's boring for the experienced ones, very boring.

Treehouse is very rich in content, you can learn from ruby and objective-c to freelancing, marketing, and design. Treehouse is awesome if you want to learn in-demand skills and if you want to learn not just technical stuff, but business stuff also, how to make a brand, how to freelance, how to implement this and that...

CodeSchool is... amazing, excellent, for the experienced ones, from mid-level to high-level, offers just technical stuff, pure code, programming, and you get your hands dirty with code in no time. CodeSchool is the best option for the ones who want to actually learn how to code, the library goes from Ruby to Javascript, and iOS, and Front-end (HTML5/CSS3), and of course offers more advanced/complete courses.

I think for you, the best option is CodeSchool.

I have both memberships, I use Treehouse for stuff like "How to freelance", "How to promote your site", "Marketing skills", "Make a brand", "Business tools", "UI design", "Photoshop", and more non-technical stuff.

And CodeSchool, well, I use it for programming concepts, the technical-stuff, like learning "Ruby", "Rails", "Javascript", "iOS", etc.

I'm actually learning NodeJS (Javascript), and the Javascript path of CodeSchool is very useful, amazing.

So give it a try. Good luck!

See Questions On Quora

Continue reading...