• Disclaimer: MoocLab is community-supported. If you buy through our links, we may earn money from affiliate partners.

Featured - News, Insights, Tips & More

Editor's Picks
Last week, MoocLab passed another exciting milestone in our mission to support students with their learning. Over 20 thousand people have now joined the site, just three months since we celebrated 10 thousand people joining MoocLab. In a world where remote learning is booming, our mission is to guide learners through their online learning options while providing a virtual space for focused peer-to-peer study and support. MoocLab offers a number of resources to help our users succeed in...
By Carolyn McIntyre, Founder of MoocLab What On Earth Is A MOOC-Based Degree Path? - I saw this article by Derek Newton on Forbes.com and couldn't overlook some of the inaccuracies and biases, so I had some fun with it. I hope you will too. Click here to read the original article. (You'll find my comments below in red). To put it into context, Derek is writing about MoocLab's recently launched MOOC-Based Degree Paths - learning paths using MOOCs to replicate a traditional bachelor's...
EdTechX Challenge — Online Student Competition ($25,000+ in prizes available) MoocLab is pleased to support the EdTechX Global Innovation Challenge for Students - a virtual student competition to source the best ideas that can transform the future of learning and work worldwide. The EdTechX Challenge is a global competition that invites students to identify key problems in education & learning and submit proposals to help address them. Submissions can span across a broad range— from...
MoocLab submitted a new resource: Online Tools for the Online Learner - Online tools to help students be successful online Read more about this resource...
How employers view MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) has been a hot topic since these online courses first took off in 2012. Can MOOC credentials actually enhance your chances of getting hired or getting a promotion at work? Just reading through the numerous questions around this subject on the Q&A forum Quora demonstrates how much of a concern this is for those looking to develop their careers. Generally, the responses indicate that MOOCs are useful to develop your skills, but won't...
UK MOOC platform FutureLearn and The British Council have partnered for a fourth time to give free access to online courses from UK higher education institutions to people in non-OECD countries. The initiative, part of the Study UK program, gives people in eligible countries access to 325 massive open online courses (MOOCs) from 35 UK universities, plus the chance to earn one of up to 50,000 free digital upgrades. The ‘Study UK: Learn online with a UK university’ campaign on FutureLearn...