- Best for:
- Higher education students
- Maths, Economics, Technology, Humanities, Social Sciences
- Type of learning:
- Course type:
- Rich media (video and audio), interactivity, communication, collaboration
- Arabic, Dutch, English, French, Hebrew, Irish, Italian, Lithuanian, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish
- Yes, including ECTS Credits
- Learning pathways:
- Mobile Apps:
OpenUpEd works as a MOOC aggregator site for higher education, partnering with higher education institutions across 12 European countries. The site offers high-quality learner-centred courses that are designed for self-learning, and to be taken by either informal learners or formal students in a language that suits them. The courses are not hosted on the OpenupEd platform, but provides links to the course provider platform. OpenupEd is an open, non-profit Pan-European MOOC initiative, with support of the European commission, with an agreed international quality label for its MOOCs based on eight common features.
Tools & Features
- 190+ courses
- 16+ European partner institutions
- Quality label
- Educational content
- Peer interaction (including some but limited interaction with academic staff)
- Activities/tasks, tests, including feedback
- OpenupEd doesn’t use one single platform to deliver the courses, as most of their partner institutions operate with their own platform and have control over the types of interactive components embedded in their MOOCs and the language(s) used.
Badge or Certificate of Completion (Free): Awarded on successful completion of a course
Credit Certificate (Paid): the majority of OpenupEd MOOCs provide the possibility to obtain a formal certificate, i.e. official credits that can count towards obtaining a degree, i.e. ECTS (European Credit Transfer and accumulation System).
MOOC Platform OpenUpEd
Share this Item
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!