- Raspberry Pi Foundation
- 2 hours/week
- 4 weeks
- Paid Certificate Available
A fun introduction to object-oriented programming in Python
Object-oriented programming is a programming paradigm based on objects and data rather than actions and logic.
This online course will introduce you to the principles of object-oriented programming in Python, showing you how to create objects, functions, methods, and classes.
You’ll use what you learn to create your own text-based adventure game. You will have the chance to share your code with other learners, and see theirs.
If you’re an educator, you’ll also be able to develop ideas for using object-oriented programming in your classroom.
This course is designed for people who are already familiar with Python programming and want to learn a different programming paradigm, understand and use existing libraries more effectively, or create code which is useful to other people.
It will be particularly useful for A level educators and students.
What software or tools do you need?
Python 3 or Trinket.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduce the principles of object-oriented programming in Python.
- Understand the difference between a function and an object.
- Create objects, functions, methods, and classes.
- Write a text-based adventure game.
- Extending other people’s classes, including inheritance and polymorphism.
- Share your code with other learners, and see theirs.
- Develop ideas for using object-oriented programming in the classroom.
- Go to Course: