- 2-4 hours a week
- 6 weeks
- Paid Certificate Available
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science.
Learn what it takes to become a data scientist.
This is the first stop in the Data Science curriculum from Microsoft. It will help you get started with the program, plan your learning schedule, and connect with fellow students and teaching assistants. Along the way, you’ll get an introduction to working with and exploring data using a variety of visualization, analytical, and statistical techniques.
edX offers financial assistance for learners who want to earn Verified Certificates but who may not be able to pay the fee. To apply for financial assistance, enroll in the course, then follow this link to complete an application for assistance.
What You Will Learn
- How the Microsoft Data Science curriculum works
- How to navigate the curriculum and plan your course schedule
- Basic data exploration and visualization techniques in Microsoft Excel
- Foundational statistics that can be used to analyze data
Graeme Malcolm and Liberty J. Munson
- Go to Course: