- Best for:
- Students, Professionals & those who want to increase their knowledge of the digital world
- Internet, databases, security technology in IT, cloud computing, data management
- Type of learning:
- Videos, interactive self-tests, tutorials, practical exercises and homework
- Course type:
- Free Scheduled & self-paced interactive online courses
- German & English
- Certificate of Completion
openHPI is an educational Internet platform created by the German Hasso Plattner Institute, Potsdam, which provides a worldwide social learning network based on interactive online courses covering different subjects in Information and Communications Technology (ICT). The courses either run on a scheduled basis with a start and end date, or are self-paced. Course formats include regular 7-week courses, 4-week "hands-on" courses, and workshops emphasizing a very specific topic. openHPI users learn through videos, interactive self-tests, tutorials, practical exercises and homework. The courses are free and open to anyone, allowing students to learn in close contact with others by means of social media.
The course content is geared both towards beginners and those who want to increase their knowledge in ICT, and can be accessed on any device with an Internet connection, whether desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet. Students who earn at least 50% of the sum of maximum possible points for homework and final exam can receive a graded record of achievement from the Hasso Plattner Institute. A confirmation of participation in a course can also be issued to those who have completed at least 50% of the course material.
A part of the courses targets a broad audience providing an introduction to the fundamentals of computer science and digital technologies. Topics include, for example, the workings of the Internet and the WWW, the building of databases, or security technology in IT. Other courses are aimed at a specialized audience. The objective of this course group is to familiarize participants with the latest innovations in computer science research, such as in-memory data management, the semantic web or, multicore and cloud computing. Workshops for learning programming languages such as Java or Python are also offered.
Course languages are German and English.
Tools & Features
- 40+ courses
- Coursework, graded exercises & final exam
- Automatic grading & peer assessment
- Course forums
- Course filtering by language and subject track
- User dashboard
- Progress tracking
- User Experience Points reflecting the commitment in the course and the activity in the forum
- Graded record of achievement & confirmation of participation
Rate this provider - Select a star rating:Go to Website
Share this Item
Rate this provider - Select a star rating:
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!