- University of Roehampton
- 6 weeks
- 5 hours/week
- Paid Certificate Available
Uncover the turbulent history of Tudor England and its lasting impact
From magnificence and martyrs to weddings and war, the Tudor period was one of the most eventful in British history. The reigns of the five (or was it six?) monarchs during the late fifteenth to seventeenth century has enthralled historians, students and television and film producers alike.
On this course you will compare the rule of the Tudor monarchs and examine the significant political, religious and cultural changes of the period. You will be taught by renowned scholars on Tudor England from the University of Roehampton who will reveal how this era has shaped modern-day British politics.
This course is for anyone with a general interest in the British monarchy, heritage and history. This includes students studying the Tudors in English, drama or history courses.What topics will you cover?
- Overview of British history from 1485 and 1603
- Introduction to the Tudor monarchy
- Overview of political dynasties in Tudor England
- Explore aspects of social history from 1485 and 1603
- Introduction to the legacy of the Tudor dynasty
Suzannah Lipscomb and Gillian McIver
- Go to Course: