- Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
- 4 weeks
- 3 hours/week
- Paid Certificate Available
Find out how to teach languages to children effectively
Research shows that there is a window of opportunity for learning foreign languages during childhood.
On this course, you’ll get an introduction the theories of language learning and how to apply them in the classroom.
You’ll learn about the pedagogical foundations and methodological considerations that underpin teaching languages to children.
You’ll understand the developmental traits of children between the ages of four and twelve.
With the theory under your belt, you’ll start planning lessons, design tasks and resources for children.
The course is aimed at teachers who want to include foreign languages in their lesson planning. It will also be of interest to anyone interested in teaching languages to young people.
What topics will you cover?
- Characterising a young learner
- Foreign language teaching: pedagogical foundations and methodological considerations
- Fostering intercultural understanding through multimodal communication
- Designing contextualised instruction: lesson planning, tasks, strategies and resources
- Go to Course: