- University of Leeds
- 2 weeks
- 2 hours/week
- Paid Certificate Available
The management of finances is crucial to a successful business; financial information provides the evidence to support your decisions about a business and helps to justify those decisions when you present them to other people. Whether you have an idea for a future venture or you already have a side-line business whilst studying, this course will introduce you to key financial information and gives you a chance to discuss your ideas with others.
This course is the fifth in a series of six about ‘starting a business’.
What topics will you cover?
- The importance of financial information
- An introduction to key financial information: sales revenue forecast; profit and loss forecast; and cash flow forecast
- Analysing and interpreting financial performance
- How to increase profitability
- Marketing a product in terms of price and number of sales
- Key financial forecasts: determining the viability of a business opportunity
- The business plan: business finances
This course is part of the Going to University collection which has been specifically designed for students at schools and colleges. They provide a taster of undergraduate study at the University of Leeds and help students to decide which subject to study at university.
Completion of the courses will also enhance students’ university applications.
The courses can also be used as a teachers’ classroom enrichment resource.
Courses in this collection are also great for people that want an introduction in the specific subjects discussed in each course.
- Go to Course: