- University of Leeds
- 2 hours/week
- 2 weeks
- Paid Certificate Available
To run a successful business you need to understand who your customers are and more importantly, how you are going to reach them. Whether you have an idea for a future venture or you already have a side-line business whilst studying, this course will help you to recognise and understand your target market. It will give you the time to plan and help you to start documenting your thoughts in a structured business plan while allowing you to share your ideas with others.
This course is the third in a series of six about ‘starting a business’.
What topics will you cover?
- Define a market: identifying customers and competitors
- The theory of understanding markets: the differences between a market and an industry
- Analyse a market: the market size and its potential
- How to determine a business’ target market
- Competitor analysis
- How to target specific customers
- The business plan: customers and competitors
This course is part of the Going to University collection which has been specifically designed for students at schools and colleges. They provide a taster of undergraduate study at the University of Leeds and help students to decide which subject to study at university.
Completion of the courses will also enhance students’ university applications.
The courses can also be used as a teachers’ classroom enrichment resource.
Courses in this collection are also great for people that want an introduction in the specific subjects discussed in each course.
- Go to Course: