- Taipei Medical University
- 4 weeks
- 2 hours/week
- Paid Certificate Available
Understand how good nutrition can prevent disease
Diet-related diseases and obesity levels are rising. On this course you will explore the relationship between diet and disease and the role diet plays in weight management. You will examine the latest research studies to consider how poor nutrition can lead to ill health, and whether what we eat can help to prevent the onset of common diseases, such as cancer.
You will also look at micronutrients, and how a diet low in micronutrients can lead to health problems, and you’ll whether supplements can play a role in a healthy diet.
The course is for students in healthcare disciplines, plus anyone with a general interest in nutrition and health.
What topics will you cover?
- How some nutrient deficiencies can lead to health-related problems
- Relationship between cancer and micronutrient deficiency, such as iron or fish oil
- The use of supplements and healthy eating for disease prevention or weight control
- Go to Course: