- University of Leeds
- 2 hours/week
- 2 weeks
- Paid Certificate Available
Online learning is likely to be important for you in the future, either at university or in the workplace. Learning online is different to learning in the classroom as it requires different skills. This course will help you to develop those skills, showing you how to learn and communicate effectively in an online environment.
This course is just one of a series about ‘learning online’, which introduces you to the essential skills and tools you need to study effectively online.
This course is part of the Going to University collection which has been specifically designed for students at schools and colleges. They provide a taster of undergraduate study at the University of Leeds and help students to decide which subject to study at university.
Completion of the courses will also enhance students’ university applications.
The courses can also be used as a teachers’ classroom enrichment resource.
Courses in this collection are also great for people that want an introduction in the specific subjects discussed in each course.
What topics will you cover?
- Learning environments: an introduction to VLEs and MOOCs
- The learning journey and the differences between classroom-based and online learning
- Techniques for learning effectively online
- Using discussions to aid online learning
- Collaborating online: using wikis and other collaborative tools
Neil Morris and Carol Elston
- Go to Course: