- University of Queensland
- 8 to 10 hours per week
- 10 weeks
- Paid Certificate Available
- Part of:
- Business Leadership
This course will blend business theory and real-world insights to teach you the skills you need to better lead people and teams within your organization. Key topics will include motivation, communication, conflict management, team dynamics, and development of a healthy organizational culture.
These “people skills” rank among the most challenging competencies for both novice and experienced leaders. This course will challenge you to understand your followers on a deeper level, as well as help you to reflect and improve on your own leadership practice.
The course will draw on knowledge from psychology, human resource management, and organizational behavior, as well as the expertise of the management faculty and the The University of Queensland. Through a series of engaging videos, interviews, written reflections, peer feedback, self-insight activities, and simulations, we unpack the ingredients that are critical for developing more effective people and higher performing teams.
What you'll learn
- How to better motivate, engage, and develop followers.
- Improve your skill in recognising, diagnosing, and transforming dysfunctional teams.
- Develop more effective strategies for dealing with and resolving workplace conflicts.
- Establish a work culture that brings out the best in others.
Tyler G. Okimoto