- Durham University
- 3 hours/week
- 3 weeks
- Paid Certificate Available
Ensure people-centred change in your organisation stays on track
Many leaders and managers struggle when it comes to managing change, especially if it affects people. This course looks at how we can manage people-centred change effectively. You will learn the importance of bringing people with you through change, and consider the moments where change can go wrong and how to avoid them.
Change does not need to be overwhelming, if it is managed well - find out what those of us with leadership or management responsibilities can do to keep things on track with this course.
The course is designed for anyone who either leads or manages people or will shortly be in such a position. In particular, it will be useful to people new to leadership roles and practitioners in human resources, organisational development and internal communications.
What topics will you cover?
Week 1: Preparing for change
Week 2: During change
- Six key leadership practices to underpin successful change
- Identifying people-focussed benefits
- Appreciating different perspectives of change
- Identifying, analysing and communicating to key people (stakeholders) affected by the change
Week 3: Sustaining change
- Recognising the emotions of, and responses to, change
- Communication styles
- Creating an effective dialogue
- Involving people in the change process
- Monitoring the implementation of change
- Protecting the change from risks and threats
- Sharing practical examples to address issues
Dr Julie Hodges