- Coventry University
- 3 hours/week
- 2 weeks
- Paid Certificate Available
Understand what makes a leader and the effects of leadership on a workplace
Defining leadership can be difficult. Leadership is a multidimensional construct that many theorists have dedicated their time to defining.
On this course, you will explore some of these theories - learning what leadership is and how good and bad leadership can affect a business and its employees. You will consider different leadership models to help clarify the universal components of leadership and how these components differ to management.
This course is for people looking for an enhanced understanding of leadership, its role and effects.
What topics will you cover?
- Definition of leadership
- Understanding of the ambiguity in its definition
- Trait, behavioural, and contingency/situational models of leadership (e.g. Blake and Moulton 1964)
- Differentiate the roles and effects of managers versus leaders
- Introduce the effect of leaders on individual and organisational performance
- Good versus bad leadership’s similarities and differences