- The Open University
- 4 hours/week
- 4 weeks
- Paid Certificate Available
- Part of:
- Italian for Beginners program
This free online course is the second of six in the Italian for Beginners program. It will introduce you to the language that you need to:
Talk about people and family in Italian
- introduce people;
- exchange contact information (address, telephone number, e-mail);
- use numbers;
- exchange information about people;
- talk about your family;
- describe people and the clothes they wear.
During the four weeks of the course, you will learn the vocabulary and phrases you need to talk about friends and family, and the present tense of some basic verbs, such as avere(to have). You will also learn how to ask questions in Italian. You will continue to develop your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills, through the activities and the audio resources.
You will find tips and advice on how to develop your study skills, as well as cultural information about people in Italy and about the Italian regions.
This course is aimed at people with little prior knowledge of Italian, who want to learn the basic language and find out about Italy and its regions and culture. The course assumes that you have already studied the first course in the Italian for Beginnersprogram. This course is taught through English.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduce people;
- Exchange contact information (address, telephone number, e-mail);
- Use numbers;
- Exchange information about people;
- Talk about your family;
- Describe people and the clothes they wear.
- Go to Course: