- Dublin City University
- 4 hours/week
- 4 weeks
- Paid Certificate Available
Immerse yourself in one of Europe’s oldest living languages
This course is an excellent opportunity for you to further expand your knowledge of Irish language and culture.
Building upon Irish 105, you’ll recap what you’ve learnt on our previous beginner courses, before moving to new subjects - such as work, food and drink, and the weekend.
By the end of the course, you’ll have progressed your language skills further and you will be familiar with past and future tenses. You’ll also delve deeper into Irish’s cultural context and its relevance to modern Irish life.
This course is suited to learners from all over the world, including the Irish diaspora and non-natives with an enthusiasm for Irish culture. It would also be of value to indigenous learners who wish to recap their language skills, or to learn from scratch.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to the Irish language
- Introducing and describing yourself
- Conversing about work and occupations
- Talking about your weekend activities
- Food and drink
- How to discuss issues relating to health and illness
- Course related Irish mythology, poetry, music and song
Oscar Mac Cumhaill
- Go to Course: